I Aquired A Quad

cooter

as the topic says i have been looking to buy an old quad for a few years now but when i have the money there isnt any thing suitable for sale, but i happen to come across a young bloke the other day selling one that has been set up for shooting rifle racks and rest included

and he happened to be wanting to buy a motor bike for the farm so we did a clean swap

i ended up with an 89 model suzuki lt4wdk 300cc in fairly good nick has been well maintained he got my old trusty ts250x which was a bloody good bike but not usefull to me any more.

im looking for some mods to make the quad alittle more hunting friendly i am thinking water storage and fuel storage at a minimum

what has every one else done to there quads

as the topic says i have been looking to buy an old quad for a few years now but when i have the money there isnt any thing suitable for sale, but i happen to come across a young bloke the other day selling one that has been set up for shooting rifle racks and rest included

and he happened to be wanting to buy a motor bike for the farm so we did a clean swap

i ended up with an 89 model suzuki lt4wdk 300cc in fairly good nick has been well maintained he got my old trusty ts250x which was a bloody good bike but not usefull to me any more.

im looking for some mods to make the quad alittle more hunting friendly i am thinking water storage and fuel storage at a minimum

Check out some of the pics in the other 4wd and quad threads

Edited by murray

For fuel storage I carry two 10 litre red plastic fuel containers - spectre made good ones

For water storage I carry up to two 5 litre black plastic containers I use the heavy duty black plastic containers that are sold for fuel storage mostly used as diesel fuel storage containers these are very strong and wont crack on rough roads

Add a few good quality tie-down straps and your on your way

hi cooter

i hunt with a mate on quads and we have never needed to take fuel with us yet,the quads we use are a yamaha 450 and honda 680, now we both use about the same amount of fuel and that gets us about 80 klms before we turn to reserve which then has another 25klms before your empty...water side of things we carry 2.5l camelbacks and then two more litres in the esky,i also have a 5litre water tube on the back of my bike which is used for washing your hands after cutting meat...so all up on the back of my quad there is two 25litre esky's which one is for tools.tire repair,extra ammo,etc and the orther is full of ice for food which we normaly take a chicken with coleslaw and some bread rolls plus the extra water...we both have the same amount of esky room....so i hope this helps you with your set up and i hope you put some pics up as well cheers ash

took some pics of the quad all i need to do is recover the seat and wire in my compressor and spotty

still not certain as to which direction to go for water storage

either an insulated water jug 5L or pvc pipe

i have a small toolbox that i mounted tonight and im putting an esky on the front which will be home made from alloy or steel with coolroom foam as insulation unless i can find a low line plastic job

also i am welding another rifle rest above the gum mount as the one that is on it means that you have to lay across the tank meaning you would be at an awkward angle and the recoil from my 300 win mag would cause a scope to eyebrow incident :o

post-4677-12685688548923_thumb.jpg

post-4677-12685689932677_thumb.jpg