Night Sight Stage 2

optic

Well stage 1 is finished thank crist im sick of bloody holes and taps breaking, 2 have already gone to the new owners, Duncs and Damage they left with a smile to remember on their faces, and thanks guys for to gift, it was not expected. but a great input from you all, again thanks. and good to meet duncs and Damage and co.

Now for stage 2.

Its set up in my vice, ATM and looks good for a start, i have shot some rough pics off to david for him to have a look at and see what he thinks about it.

We were lucky and unlucky oz post broke the sight that david had modified for this job.

As luck would have it i also had a holographic sight here, i will swap the guts out of his into mine and it should be ok these are Aimpoint sights, remember the name.

What was good was i could use and see where the aim point was to set it up central.

The mounting is simple, it will be a bracket which will bolt onto the ally tube into the front and cap, so thats through the tube into the end cap. Using 1/4 cap screws, they are ex stock for me.

Into the bracket will fit a solid steel bar turned down at one end so the sight can be mounted to that end, David can give you those details for the mounting bracket they are cheap.

The other end of the bar fits into a reamed hole in the bracket and bolted tight, this bracket has a center line on it so you can line that up with the rail mount center line, you will see this line scribed into the ally tube.

The steel bar is on that center line also, this means the rail mount to your rifle is in line with the sight.

Now this will arrive complete.

What you have to do is mount it in line or send it back to me to do it for you.

I will make the mounting holes in the bracket a bit larger so you have approx 1mm to play with so you can be a bit off to start with.

Just line the scribed lines up tighten the bolts set your sight and off you go.

Sounds easy huh. Well it is.

You have 2 holes to drill and tap 1/4 ww, thats it.

Im sure you know how to set a sight up.

Now for the sight.

As i mentioned they are Aimpoint holographic sights, david has put the details of the mods to them on the web page for the sight, if you are not confident in doing it he is happy to do it for you, will only mean a mailing thing.

I got mine off ebay, but talk to david and ask for any advice you may think you need.

Just one thing i need to mention is when drilling and tapping the 2 holes, please pay attention to the fact that you could damage your Image/Intensifier if you drill to deep

Into the end cap.

This will all be added to the web page for you to look at, step by step.

This stage is where you dog hunters will stand above the rest, you wont need any lights to see and hit your targets.

You will be shooting in complete darkness. You and the dog will be on equal terms.

With only one winner,

You guys have an advantage over us in as much as its much darker where you lot live, so the range of the complete sigh may be alot more than we can get here.

In any case im looking foward to hearing and seeing the results of this project.

Cheers RG

Damige, Damige Jnr and I all saw stage 2 on the vice last night.

It really does look the goods!

What you guys also need to know is that Optic built much of the tubes by hand! That's why he's sick of drilling and tapping screw holes! Instead of waiting for the machines at work to become free from "real work" he did them at home so that we could get them faster.

And, reading between the lines, there's been a LOT of stuff mailed between David and Rick for stage 1, 2, 3 and 4.

Yes, he hinted at stage 4 last night but wouldn't tell us what it was......

So THANKS guys. Top stuff.

Thanks duncs.

Was a pleasure to meet you guys.

You and Damage will have to pop back later on to get your tubes drilled and tapped for stage 2.

As for the rest of you in QLD and off shore.

I took a gamble and drilled and tapped the holes for stage 2 for you.

LOL i hope i can make it work based on that PCD.

So as far as you guys having to drill and tap bloody holes, its been done prior to sending them. Which was the logical thing to do.

Duncs and Damage know how i feel about other forums, and they now know why im so intent on you guys having the best that David and myself are capable of so that in your quest to eliminate the dog problem, along with other things ;) you will have something that will give you guys an edge over most other hunters in OZ, bar those that spend between 3 and 6k on scope night sighting equipment.

Please make contact with david about the electronic changes needed for the Aimpoint.

This will be the hold back, as the bracket and bar assy will be quick to make, i hope.

Cheers.

Thanks duncs.

Was a pleasure to meet you guys.

You and Damage will have to pop back later on to get your tubes drilled and tapped for stage 2.

As for the rest of you in QLD and off shore.

I took a gamble and drilled and tapped the holes for stage 2 for you.

LOL i hope i can make it work based on that PCD.

So as far as you guys having to drill and tap bloody holes, its been done prior to sending them. Which was the logical thing to do.

Duncs and Damage know how i feel about other forums, and they now know why im so intent on you guys having the best that David and myself are capable of so that in your quest to eliminate the dog problem, along with other things ;) you will have something that will give you guys an edge over most other hunters in OZ, bar those that spend between 3 and 6k on scope night sighting equipment.

Please make contact with david about the electronic changes needed for the Aimpoint.

This will be the hold back, as the bracket and bar assy will be quick to make, i hope.

Cheers.

Hi guys - two choices there -

1. Obtain the aimpoint scope directly and send me the circuit board.

2. Send the entire scope to me and I'll modify and test it.

(2) is better, since some of you might end up with 2-colour models and may require additional modification to give more modes of operations.

Also,let me know if you want ALL NV settings, or 1 to 2 day settings.

David

Forget your heart mate, like me did you ever have one lol? My people say im a thoughtless born killer,

Not true i say ;) I have shown emotion 31/8/1950 if i remember right, and the 31/8/1968,

when they drew my number out, I was happy back then. Then i got married Divorced you name it.

It will go together real easy.

If you guys get together get a drink and do it all together you will have a ball.

a bit of solder, 1 screw, silicone, and a set of allen keys, thats it mate.

If you check out the web page on assembly you will see what david is talking about with the circuit board. It has nothing to do with the tube working. Its the sight.

If you guys think for one minute that i knew what i was doing you have it all wrong.

I was thinking the same things you are thinking now. I only know because i have had the tubes to play with, and you will understand when you get yours in your hands.

But i know this will all slide together easy, you cant go wrong.

damige and Duncs will no doubt be itching to get theirs going.

The smart thing to do now, so you have all the parts you need for late next week is get the info for all the bits and get them off ebay or dealextreme NOW. #### Smith whatever.

If you are suss at all please ask David as he sourced the parts needed.

Worry about stage one first, get the tube up and running.

Forget the sight for now, just purchase the sight David recommends.

Cheers.

David, where abouts did you get your Aimpoint holographic sight from?

That silver one is Richard's.

Anyway, On Ebay -

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Fuji-Fujinon-TV-Z-Zoom-Lens-/120566839863?cmd=ViewItem&pt=Camera_Lenses&hash=item1c1257fa37#ht_2786wt_726

But only has 2 x 3 settings.

This one:

http://www.shootercbgear.com/product_info.php?products_id=45

Has 7 settings and is closer to what I use -

They need to be modified for night vision equipment as they are too bright. You can either email me for instructions or post the internal circuit to me and I'll modify it for you and send it back. PM me for more details about that if it interests you too.

David

Thanks David, I will get it sent to you once it is here. Anyone else interested in getting one of these $30USD but it looks like we could get a few for the same shipping cost, save a few bucks?

Guest caveman

Thanks David, I will get it sent to you once it is here. Anyone else interested in getting one of these $30USD but it looks like we could get a few for the same shipping cost, save a few bucks?

yep i'm in . unless by optic post he already has one for me just awaiting payment

Edited by caveman

Yup - I'll take one too. Just tell me where to put the cash.

Big problem cavey i dont have a sight spare, so jump on the wagon and get on the order form.

I do have you heat pads which i will send off asap.

I wish now i had got more sights in the first place.

Big problem cavey i dont have a sight spare, so jump on the wagon and get on the order form.

I do have you heat pads which i will send off asap.

I wish now i had got more sights in the first place.