Lightforce Enforcer Vs Walkabout Vs Other

burton

I'm looking at buying a new spotlight.

Budget is $500.

Im deciding between the Lightforce Walkabout and the Enforcer.

I can see the pro's and cons of both.

The Enforcer is heavier, but can mount the battery in a backpack or should bag etc, making the light lighter. The Enforcer is definitly more manouvable, and has the 3 little leds for walking, but all the weight is on the wrist. Enforcer lasts longer and has a Red filter. I have used the Enforcer and quite liked it, but havent used the walkabout.

Would like to hear peoples opinions, on both, or any other spot light that will do the trick.

Will mainly be used for foxes and rabbits, but may be used for dogs etc, would prefer over-kill the not enough.

Cheers

We got the Enforcer, we like the clip-in battery just like a drill, and the three LED's are great when walking back from somewhere.

We weighed up the walkabout, but it didn't suit our style.

Where we thought the Enforcer better suited us was:

1. Rabbits or foxes in the yard or around camp - just grab the light, grab the rifle and sneak out the door. No d1cking around with a battery, wires tangling everything and setting up. The missus has the rifle, I hold the light. Solo the battery pack Walkabout is better of course, if you're a dedicated by-yourself kind of guy and have the time to d1ck around setting up.

2. Spotlighting, they're just the thing when having to leave the vehicle and it's permanent spotlights, also the the Enforcer has an accessory battery-replacing lead that enables a mate to use a second spotty from the passenger side of the vehicle too, via the ciggy lighter socket. Click in the battery and you can leave the ute and go find the game you just dropped, with a full power spotty. Then the LED's are great when walking, or light up the spotty to sweep the area.

3. It'll also sit on it's battery base and can be aimed as a work light to where you need it, hands free.

Remember though, the warning in the instructions and the dayglo sticker on the unit that warns against fitting anything higher wattage than the 35W globe supplied and cook the reflector and suck the guts out of the battery. Dunno why anyone'd want to anyhow, the things are just brilliant lights.

They come in a toolbox with the "battery eliminator" coily cord for the ciggy lighter, a battery that clips in the handle base, and both 12v and 240v chargers so you can top up the battery wherever you are, a house, quarters, car or camp.

I know of a bloke who made up a nice rifle mount for one, out of an unused Leupold steel QD scope mount ring, he welded a rod underside to it so the handle grip of the light clips to the left hand side of the rifle. Works brilliantly, it's got no remote light on/off of course, but makes the thing so bloody versatile, does everything.

I have the night hunter pack, which is basically the walkabout but with a gun mount and different base on the light. You mention that you can sling the battery and it's lighteer... haha I don't think so Tim. You definately feel it after walking half a click. I get about 2 usable hours out of it. Does provide a very nice focused light but sometimes you want a bit of spill.

I haven't used the enforcer, but most of the time when I go out with my night hunter kit, lugged that bloody battery around, I almost wish I had have gone to one of the better LED torches. Lighter, comparable illumination and battery life etc.

If you had to choose between the 2 my thoughts are: while the walkabout might give you slightly longer life, the enforcer is just infinately more versatile. And the truth is, you could get a spare "battery eliminator" cable, and hook it up to your own slung gel cell battery, like the one that comes with the walkabout. Which gives you the best of both worlds.

Jase

Ill be shooting with a partner 95% of the time, and being able to pass the light when neeeded has come to mind. I have used the enforcer before and didnt have a massive issue with the weight, but I figured a lighter spotlight would always be nicer, but then again carrying a battery on my back is going to be a pain in the arse.

After reading the above and other posts about spotlights, I think ill stick with the enforcer and just grab a spare battery pack to compensate for the shorter battery life if it becomes a problem.

Cheers all.

dude have u looked at the led torchs. don't get me wrong i love my spotlight when in the car but my torch is 700 lumens and i have shot at fox's at the 200 meter mark with easy view.

I got one of those P7's that come with the arse-cap with the thumb trigger from the LGS last week, because I was so impressed with the one that a mate showed me the week before.

We've been using the P7's in our bum bags when coming back in the evening friom arvo hunts, and the H7 (headlight type) when dressing roos. Even though the ute has a swing worklight, it never seenms to be exactly where you want it, or your hand throws a shadow. My fingers have taken enough pain for a few lifetimes without any more thanks.

This set-up comes in a box with the lead-out wire with thumb switch on the arse-cap, another conventional cap with press-button base (just like a standard P7), the mount that sets it up on the scope or barrel, batteries, a pouch, and the velcro sticky tabs for the lead and light.

You change arse-caps to convert it to a normal P7.

For $125 it's pretty flash.

I had a few rabbits digging under my young trees in the house yard, with this, I popped them both with the rifle and Powerpoints before they could get into the long grass. They are in the freezer now - funny, there's always a list of people wanting these healthy little buggers.

The missus had the sh1ts because she normally shoots and I handle the Enforcer, Friday night I snuck out the back with this thing after she fell asleep in front of the fireplace.

But, in no way does it have the penetration and spot as the Enforcer, and the bluish LED light is no way as good in distinguishing a rabbit crouching down as the more natural light of conventional halogen bulbs (as I duck after saying that one).

Horses for courses.

Actually, I can see how this thing would work well with the Enforcer, use the Lightforce to find stuff far off, or have a partner spot for you walking about without the noise of a vehicle, and use this little thing when you get within say, 50m.

I know the rifle is a bit different, but ignore that, it would be just as home on a 77/22 or your fave choice of rimfire.

post-5602-040388400 1277064165_thumb.jpg

post-5602-022329100 1277064172_thumb.jpg

I've got the mount and tail button too. Mine scored me my first fox.

I still like my Lightforce, it's brighter, covers more area and has a better colour. But it's also more awkward with the larger battery, there's more weight on the rifle (scope mounted SL140) and it runs out of battery faster.

I got mine at Aussie Disposals. They have a good range of Led Lensers, just not the X21. (hey, it's a small country town store).

Not too sure how much I paid as I went in planning on buying a new pair of work boots.

1 pair of work boots, 1 pair of hiking boots, 1 folding shovel, 2 pairs of socks and 1 P7 touch with it's full kit later all I really know is I somehow got a discount on something.

I should also stop letting the sales man talk me into buying stuff, not that I needed much help in that department (I also know the salesman outside of the store, so that doesn't help as we chat and I think, while I'm here I'll get this and this and this).

I went into Aussie's to have a look at the P7, lets just say I now I own one haha.

Still think Ill get an Enforced to go with it, you can never have enough lights right?

DJ, is the SL140 the scope mount or hand one?

If you held it on flat out, it would probs get 45-60minutes, but I wouldnt expect much more.

I used my mates for 2 nights, and last night it was just starting to go dull towards the end, but could still easily pick rabbits.

If you held it on flat out, it would probs get 45-60minutes, but I wouldnt expect much more.

I used my mates for 2 nights, and last night it was just starting to go dull towards the end, but could still easily pick rabbits.

Cheers mate