Cheap Gun Safe.

brezzo

I am looking at purchasing my first gun safe, looking for something that can store around 4-5 guns but would rather not waste money on something my guns are gonna be sitting in and put the money to better use on optics etc. just wondering what is out there and for how much? Is there a major disadvantage to cheaper safes?

This is one I found on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/NEW-5-GUN-RIFLE-SAFE-GUNSAFE-FIREARM-DIGITAL-LOCK-/120597887279?cmd=ViewItem&pt=AU_Hunting&hash=item1c1431b92f#ht_3822wt_1137

looks pretty good and I could use a cleaning kit.

I live in sydney if that helps in terms of postage/stores.

Cheers Brezzo

hey mate if u are in sydney go and drop into horsley and cambletown gun shops and ask them cause they genrally have massive discounts on some of their safes. also remember u will end up with alot of money in the safe.

pay a visit to www.gunsafes.com.au i believe they are in sydney and are a good solid cheap safe. i have 2 myself and am happy with them. or go to www.leeswarehouse.com they have a very nice looking 5 gun safe 5 locking pins seperate ammo box internal for $285 they in vic ph 03 95325577

hey mate if u are in sydney go and drop into horsley and cambletown gun shops and ask them cause they genrally have massive discounts on some of their safes. also remember u will end up with alot of money in the safe.

+ 1

I just got a GUNSAFE AUSTRALIA safe and its great good quality and heaps of room i have 6 guns at the moment but got the 15 gun safe and its good fits them all without touching each other and also the ammo compartment is huge fits 500 shotgun shells easy.

As Grumpy says dont skimp.

The safe is more important than anything, crappy cheap safe means easy entry. Be sure its a solidly made safe, after all it will be housing your pride and joy.

So why skimp.

i got that gun safe from ebay, and its fine works a treat and it was cheep as chips!

cheers mate that what I want to hear! will probs be ordering tonight

I'll second the safe from lees warehouse. If your in Melbourne you can go in and get it for 250$. Holds my 5 sticks no problem and I'm sure I could squueze in 1 or 2 more. Well made and very secure with 5 locking pins. Also bunnings do have well made gun safes from time to time, depending on the store. And they are also around 270$ from memory.

Where is the shop in campbelltown??

how secure do you want them?

To satisfy the requirements they only have to be in a lockable metal or hardwood container. heaps of those old brownbuilt lockers available cheap at places like paramount browns even those metal lock up cabinets that you can get at stratco and hardware shops for around $100 will do the job, and their big enough to store other stuff in as well.

Edited by Joog

as far as brownbuilt lockers go I'd stay away from them,I had one as my first safe which passed inspection but recently we had the local police srgt. address us at the gunclub and whilst recognising that there was a three point locking system he didn't rate it as safe storage! when I consider all the hardearned I'd put into my rifles it didn't make sense to not have them as secure as possible, 10 gun buffalo river safe= cops happy, guns secure, not fronting a magistrate to ask for my rifles back ....