Led Lenser P7

Zardez

Mines taken 3 weeks so far, still not here...

Check your order status. I ordered a WF-008 back in January and it went to "Back order" status a few days after I bought mine while it was "Ready to ship". I emailed them and got a reply that they'd had a rush on them and sold more than they had in stock. They said they'd send it as soon as it was back in stock. Well I waited for 3 or 4 weeks without it being sent, so I asked for a refund. That still took 2 or 3 days to go through too.

Yeah I got curious at the start of this week and checked it, they only shipped it Friday week ago, I assume same thing, out of stock hopefully it arrives soon

It took them a while to actually post it, but once they did it got her fairly quickly.

i got an LED lenser P7 for $30 posted on ebay. bargain imo. i found a nice looking set of aloy figure 8 mounts too for $6 or so on ebay. they look pretty good. they are 1" rings so will fit the scope perfectly and a bit of a squeeze for the torch but should be alright.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=350391426090&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT#ht_1590wt_905

should go nicely on the 22 im waiting for.

i also got a harris bipod 9-13" for $75 plus postage.

ill let u know how the mounts go.

just my 2c

Wts why would they put a strobe setting on it, alright cheers, I will get one to compliment the p7 when I take friends walking

I think the strobe setting is to light up your imediate area, without lighting up the whole countryside, especially with the high output torches. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Most add it as an SOS.

The LED touch I have for fire-fighting has High Low and Strobe. But the single button is a gem.

Press High On/Off.

Press and hold for 1 sec, Strobe on

Press and hold for 2 sec, Low on.

It's proven that moving objects or flashing lights gain a persons attention faster then a stationary object/steady light. Why so many people will need that SOS mode is an entirely different question.

Some torches actually come with a propper SOS mode so it is timed (dots and dashes) same as morse code..

I have a customised RED beam torch I'm hoping to try out sometime soon.

Kind of looks odd looking thru the scope with a red beam on the target - a bit like a submarine during combat. :D

Some brands you can get lense kits with different colour filters, making them a little more versatile.

The problem with filters is that they absorb a fair bit of output - just like spotlight filters. A red LED emitter will give much more of it's output into OTF (Out The Front) lumens without losses into the filter.

fenring, yep your right, I noticed this with my lightforce 240 when I stuck a red filter over it. It would be good to to hear after you tested it with the colour specific bulb.

I've had it out hunting once already - in order for it to get maximum range, it needs an aspheric (focusing) lens. You end up with a very tight, square spot that isn't much good as a search light. But it will let you see clearly at 100m at least - and the red lights up critter eyes like you wouldn't believe. Without the aspheric, you are limited to about 50-60m of clear vision, which is still OK for .22 or airgun use. Two problems with the aspheric lens are this - the spot is so tight it's not much good as a search light. And unless you get a really good lens there are inefficiencies involved + loss of light. What's really needed is a really deep, smooth reflector and a regular lens.

Next step is to change the driver board in my light for one that will put more power into the LED - should give me more range.

What I really need to do is use a different, larger and deeper, reflector than what I have.

just went out and brought a p7 package and very impressed, excellent value for money for $125 at HPG comes with pressure switch ,gun mount ,batteries and belt pouch .

Although havent been out for a proper hunt with it yet just testing it out along the tree lines bout 150m away and works great .

Edited by dony243

Sure am mate... best torch i own for sure

Thanks for the tip, Jason, I've just ordered one.

Cheers,

Colin

Good stuff mate.

Here's a link to the nylon mounts for anyone wanting it:

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.12000

Thanks for the link, -couldn't find the item on their site for the life of me.

Cheers,

Colin

Thanks for the tip, Jason, I've just ordered one.

Cheers,

Colin

I also ordered a WF-008 about 2 weeks ago. Still waiting but should make good company for my U4-MCU :D :D :D

Loving these torches :)