Garmin Gps Software

Leper

I am soon to buy a GPS unit. Can any of you intrepid hunters suggest a reliable company that sells the software for the Garmin GPS? Also while on the subject of software. Is it possible to make your own maps for loading into your GPS??? :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

Download shonky maps mate this is free and what I used they are just as good as the garmin topo maps... also download contours Australia

Download shonky maps mate this is free and what I used they are just as good as the garmin topo maps... also download contours Australia

Thanks mate. I was looking at the Oregon 450t from Cabela's for $350.00 OZ. Just over $400.00 to the door.

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Camping/Handheld-GPS-Accessories/Handheld-GPS%7C/pc/104795280/c/104731380/sc/104373180/Garmin174-Oregon-450T-GPS/709847.uts?destination=/catalog/browse/camping-handheld-gps-accessories-handheld-gps/_/N-1100718/Ns-CATEGORY_SEQ_104373180

I'm just waiting on garmin to get back to me re: the warranty issues of purchasing overseas.

Anaconda had a special on the Garmin GPSMap60s not too long ago - they're a great unit so I'd be checking them out first.

I noticed that there is a new model out now. It's a GPSMap62s. It looks pretty flash. I'm not going for the Oregon now so I'll have to keep looking.

Try Garmin. Buy a GPS from them and they GIVE you the software.

There is software for making your own maps. Basically they let you load an image, pick out a few locations to tag with Lat/Long and then load into your GPS software. Not sure if they can be converted into maps for Garmin units (I picked a non-mapping unit, makes me use a real map that doesn't have batteries to fail at the wrong time).

Try Garmin. Buy a GPS from them and they GIVE you the software.

There is software for making your own maps. Basically they let you load an image, pick out a few locations to tag with Lat/Long and then load into your GPS software. Not sure if they can be converted into maps for Garmin units (I picked a non-mapping unit, makes me use a real map that doesn't have batteries to fail at the wrong time).

I didn't think Garmin here in Australia sold direct to the public. I could only find stores that they supply. Or am I looking in the wrong spot.