Muela Knives?

Cano29

Thinking of buying a muela kangaroo knife set. Wondering what you think of them?

picture in attachment

thanks

You gotta love the combos, been wanting a skinner and caper combo for a while now. That looks really good.

I have had my eye on a Knives of Alaska tripple combo with a skinner, caper and a cleaver. Although the skinner looks like it makes a good little cleaver also

triplecombostag.jpg

IThey are good knives. Mine came as a single knife but has the same blade as the kangaroo set. The inox blade doesn't hold an edge any where as long as my carbon steel knives but is easier to sharpen and can handle lot's of abuse. 5 years and the blade hasn't got a mark on it.

Ive got the Muela 90057 its a bloody amazing knife, goes everywhere with me,lots of control due to the weight in the handle mine needs a good sharpen but it can still wait till i get my lansky kit

let us know how you go with the Lansky kit, if it is better than using a simple stone & strop?

Lanskys are great, get diamond stone set though. The standard ones wear out and can effect how well it sharpens. There is another brand called smiths I think, comes standard with diamond stones and is cheaper than lansky too.

They're at www.thearcheryden.com.au. for $65.

Lanskys are great, get diamond stone set though. The standard ones wear out and can effect how well it sharpens. There is another brand called smiths I think, comes standard with diamond stones and is cheaper than lansky too.

They're at www.thearcheryden.com.au. for $65.

I actually have a smiths in the cupboard and have not used it yet, always default to the simple stone or ceramic rod to hone for some reason. Habbit I suppose. it takes a little longer to set up the smith gear...

Ive got a muela knife and love it , just doesnt get much use now i have a havalon as i use it for most stuff that dont include breaking bone ect...

+1 on the Havalon.

If you do get that set get a clip put on the small knife as they drop out. Then gone.

I carry 2 the Havalon, and a gut hook skinner.

The Havalon gets all the work done.

I have a bloody box full of knifes that dont get used any more.

Yer they all look good but, thats about it.

Do your homework on field knifes.

You have already started by asking the question, We have all gone through the knife thing.

All the best.