Torch Torch Torch

jack32

just wondering if anyone knows of a cheap torch that'll mount onto a scope, but it doesnt have to come with a mount. im checking out a UltraFire WF-008. does anyone know anything about it or can suggest others? i need a torch that will be good enough to see animals through scope at atleast 60-70 meters.

cheers jacko

Edited by jack32

I have an Ultrafire U4-MCU which is great. I'm sure the one you are looking at is good too. Try looking at Deal Extreme for better pricing , freight free and you can find a very cheap mount there as well.

http://www.dealextreme.com/

Grant

yehh sorry mate had to edit it a few times cause the link wouldnt work. how much was your torch? and thanks mate

I've had it for a while now so can't remember the price but I see they have them for about $21 at the moment. You can't focus this one to a tight beam though, you only get 3 modes, full power, low power and strobe which is a waste of time. If you can get a P7 from Hong Kong or an UltraFire that focuses, it would be better. But the $2 mount system is worth a try.

Grant

I have the WF-008. It will easily light critters up at 100m. I have shot vermin at 150m and further using this light. It shoots a very tight, bright, square shaped spot beam with little side spill. It is in every respect a "spot" light. I was lucky enough to get one of the older single mode lights. Dealextreme now send three mode lights out. There is now a black version as well as the silver version.

A single 18650 battery will give around 3 hours runtime.

It will mate, it will. A few of the blokes on here got them and none have been disappointed.

I skonked a fox with mine the other night and he would have been around 170 - 180m out and I beaked him with the .17HMR. :)

You will find that some of the closer rabbits will be bamboozled with the light and run at you. :D

I decided to buy the wf008 and when dad heard how much they were he goes oh yeah chuck one in for me, anyway having used it he is buying another for his other gun!! Another thing is I took it too my mates place where they shoot across a gully out to 200m every night and they are big into HID torches (which all broke really quickly). So when they saw the light mounted on my rifle they had a bit of a laugh. After they used it they all want one too!!

I painted the reflector on mine and it really gives it a heap of range however I would maybe recommend trying it out without painting the reflector first especially if you are only shooting out to 100m. I find up close I sometimes struggle to find running rabbits in the painted reflector small spotlight. I bought the velcro mount and hated it, couldn't get the damn thing to stay straight on the rifle. I also got a hard mount which fits my scope nicely but the other end of the mount doesn't fit the light properly.

Having said that I love this light and at under $50 for the whole get up with charger and spare batteries I am really glad i didn't get the Lenser P7 at $130 without batteries or charger.

Oh and another thing is the batteries say they will only last 40 minutes or so, so i was carrying a spare battery everytime I went out, anyway after going shooting around 5 times which came to say 4 or 5 hours of shooting the light still hadn't got dimmer or cut out but I charged it again just in case! I couldn't believe how long it lasted, I reckon I had it on for 2/2.5 hours! Anyway we have 6 batteries so we would have spares and I really doubt I will ever need them hahaha

Edited by AusToz

thanks for the vid mate i trust you for sure now haha. didnt have time to order it today because of personal reasons(mates 18th drinks :P ) but tomorrow is the day:) how long does it take to come cause i want it asap:)

and thanks for everything guys and if you ever find yourself in tas send me aa pm and we'll orginize a hunt on my mates property:)

jackooooooo

[i painted the reflector on mine and it really gives it a heap of range however I would maybe recommend trying it out without painting the reflector first especially if you are only shooting out to 100m]

Im not sure how painting the reflector would increase the throw?

I agree with fen,the brighter the finish the better it should be

cheers

thanks for the vid mate i trust you for sure now haha. didnt have time to order it today because of personal reasons(mates 18th drinks :P ) but tomorrow is the day:) how long does it take to come cause i want it asap:)

and thanks for everything guys and if you ever find yourself in tas send me aa pm and we'll orginize a hunt on my mates property:)

jackooooooo

It varies with Dealextreme - can be 10 days to two weeks normally.

i got the WF800 the other day, my mate laughed when he first saw it.... after using it i had to go home and order him one right away, he loved it. the 3 mode is a bit of a pain in the ass... but apart from that its fantastic, another plus is that its nice and light!