Value Led Torch

vicfox

I bought a 190 lumens LED torch this week and am extremely impressed with it.

Thought I'd share the value. I got it from JAYCAR after noticing it in their catalogue. $19.95 and works a treat.

I have a P7 200 lumens and think its better than that having a tighter focal point. Runs on 3 AAA batteries.

For $20 it a terrific light, so if you don't have a LED torch to mount this is the place to start. Mades a great back up light if you already have one. Fits well with the P7 mount also $19.

http://www.jaycar.com.au/productView.asp?ID=ST3456&CATID=21&form=CAT&SUBCATID=649

Edited by vicfox

Yeh same light I recon.

I would say good for 120+ NICE AND TIGHT

Guest bigfellascott

Yeh same light I recon.

I would say good for 120+ NICE AND TIGHT

Thanks for that mate, good enough I reckon

If you want to take some time to look through that website you will find a number of similar Torch's that come with Tape switch's for between $20 and $30 inc free postage and a selection of Mounts

I'm looking quite seriously at one for a cheap walk about light on my BL22

regards Jacko

Yeah, Dealextreme is full of them, models that use all sorts of batteries and have different LED's and focus or non focus options. Some of the cheap ones are quite good - a few of the boys here got the Ultrafire WF-008 recoil thrower and have been happy with it. I've had mine a couple of years and been very satisfied with it.

I Brought this to up grade my Maglite 5 cell

http://www.batteryju...le-300m-ex.html

3 levels but it does fix the beam still "nearly burns the paint off the wall at 50 paces"

Specifications:

• Initial Light Output: >700 Lumens initial output (drops to 600 under extended runs)
  • Power Consumption: Approximately 12 Watts
  • Light Regulation: Electronically regulated via a DC-DC converter.
  • Fixed Focus 8.4 degree beam angle
  • Features over-temperature protection, reverse polarity protection
  • Runtime: Approx 1hr - same as stock
  • Works on common alkalien batteries but for best perfomance NiCd or NiMH Rechargeable batteries are recommended.
  • Operating Voltage: 6-24 VDC
  • Optics: 3 pieces 6 degree TIR lenses; Non-adjustable Focus.
  • Country of Origin: Made in USA

Edited by Bradicall

Guest bigfellascott

Hey Vic Fox,

Thanks for the post mate, awesome torches, I just bought one yesterday and can't believe how much distance you can see things at clearly! I reckon around 100m - best torch I have ever owned.

Where did you get your torch mounts from?

I also can happily recommend the torch, great quality, simple to use, even does SOS, strobe, and has 3 brightness settings! for $20 can't go wrong.

Glad your happy with the light. I got a mount that suits the led LENSER P7 that they make. Cost me $20.

has any one come accross the 'cree' torches they have a squre bulb thing aparently a 2mm square will throw enough light to read at 40m, i found some on ebay for 30-40 bucks for the 1000lm torch with 2 batteries and charger and the bulb is rated for 10,000 hrs

anyone got any info good or bad, i was going solarforce but for 100 bucks less i might be going cree light

What Solarforce were you paying over $100 for?

"Cree" is the name of a company who make the LED emitters. They make many sorts and the actual model of LED will affect how much light, and the sort of spread of light, that you get.

i think it was the p1 with l2p and batteries and chrager was around $130.

a mate is getting on off ebay for $35 including batteries and charger and has the same dimentions as a solarforce so i see soon if its worth it or save some more