New Torch

coat

Hey guys im after some advise for a new light. Ive searched a heap of post about the gun mounted light. Now what im after is a general torch and also i want to be able to mount it on my mountain bike for night rides. Ive seen people are happy with the cree and ultra fire. he price looks good too. Now what in after is a bit of a spread not just a beam. So what model should i go for. Thanks

Tactical torches from www.wolfeyes.com.au

these guys have a broad range of torches for all sorts of uses. I have the Sniper II and I'm very happy with it for use on my 22. Will be buying the Sea Lion Hunter for centrefire rifle use in the near future. Here's what it looks like-

efa9d90d.jpg

Other members are using Solarforce set ups with all sorts of bulb/reflector configurations. Perhaps someone who uses these can provide some advice on them.

I know fenring and his fox shooting mate and use Solarforce to good effect

Just took delivery of the WolfEyes Sea Lion Hunter. Had a play with it out the front of the house when it got dark. Very impressive bit of kit. This new torch will be set up on my .204 and the smaller torch I already had (WolfEyes Sniper 260 with a 350 lumen led bulb) will sit on the .22 or the .17HMR. You get two led bulbs with the Sea Lion Hunter- one long distance spot for out to 300m (so they say in the blurb that came with it) and another with a spread beam that reaches out to 150m. Just have to wait for the floods to subside and I'll be out there having a crack. I have a spot where the floods create little islands and the foxes get stranded on them and have no where to go. Last time we had a flood of a similar level we sorted out quite a few that just sat there, all wet and bedraggled waiting to be shot. Might have to wear waders to retrieve them for scalping though.

EDI-T, they also sell the handlebar mounts to suit their lights (1" dia) for your MTB. I use one with their 300 lumen light. They also sell head mounts for them cheap. This week I received an order and awesomely it came next day.

Thanks guys. Ill have a look at them. Anyone got any advice on some of the cheaper ones that are worth a look also.

A couple of these would go alright mate. I have ridden the mtb with one on the bar and one on the helmet. About three hours runtime. Good sized hotspot but a good spill too.

http://www.dealextreme.com/p/ultrafire-wf-501b-cree-xpe-wcr5-320-lumen-led-flashlight-with-strap-1-18650-2-16340-35075?item=2

You need the 18650 batteries and charger.

There are a variety of bike mounts on Dealextreme also.