Ridgeline Gear

Im doing a clean out of surplus equipment.

I pull out a brand new hooded jacket, un worn that i picked up at the duck fever night in Frangston.

Go to do the zip it up today, cant be done as it has 2 zippers and no where for the zip to lock into.

I then clip it together only to find the Chinese have over sewn the seam to the body in 2 places.

I have taken photos of the dogs arse of a job, which ill post up on here when i can find the down load cord or card reader.

Its really hurts to see a quality made and proven product like Ridgeline turn to sh1t.

All because they chose to make it cheap in China.

So this is a heads up on the brand name of Ridgeline.

Go over it well before you hand over the cash.

Better still deal with farmlands Outfit direct in NZ.

I have some gear coming over next week from them, in particular a 36.6 jacket jumper. And NZ socks.

Total cost in NZ dollars is $203 = $180 au, so its cheap. 4 pairs of socks and the jumper.

For those that dont know what a 36.6 is, its a double layer of possum and marino to maintain a body temp of 36.6.

Its a full length jumper that covers your butt.

The socks are $12.90 NZ, i have found nothing here that matches these socks, Back road health socks.

Just a heads up on another brand name that has turned to rubbish, being made off shore.

For a quick buck.

I see all the brand names being made off shore dying a slow death, due to greed.

Thanks for the heads up, Richard.

Not a bad idea to name and shame any product that fails to live up to manufacturars claims

My Harkila high leg boots, are the most comfortable I have ever owned, but the right one lets moisture in, so relegated to a summer boot now, only 18months old and over £200 not impressed.

Paul

gday optic ,you must have got a dud.we've got a bit of ridgeline gear and its all ok.for the price it's doing a good job.sadly across the board things are no longer made like they used to be,and "warrantys"are definitely not worth the paper the're printed on with some retailer/manufacturers.a few years ago eldest son bought a rifle/scope and the scope would not hold zero after a short time.went back and bought a new scope and the bloke asked what was wrong with original scope and said pretty quick..life time warranty ,bring it back...scope came back fixed with a new reticle..no cost and all good the.the brand is pride and fowler[i know its not a well known brand]but the warranty was good.cheers

I too bought a Ridgeline jacket, at the end of the winter before last. a Rozor Back soft shell jacket. Wore it once, and hung it up in the cupboard.

So then comes last winter and I start to wear it, anbd the main front zip fails. It's a strange stiff sort of sealing kind of zip. The alloy zip carrier that slides up was as soft as lead, and opened up and came off. I tried to put it back, but it just kept bending and just broke in half.

The alloy it was made of was this really large grained soft rubbish.

I then tried the zips on the pockets, they too were the same.

I contacted Ridgeline on a few ocasions, even Mick Matheson from Sporting Shooter contacted them but to no avail, they just didn't care obviously. Had my money.

I was working in China at the time and had brought it over to wear, and couldn't do anything else about it over there.

Honestly I will never buy their stuff again, even though the Roar jacket I have with the plastic zip is fine. If they don't care about their customers, even to contact me to tell me to get stuffed, why take another risk. Make sure what you buy from them isn't faulty, check every seam and zip, and check that if anything fails the supplier can help you because, from my experience Ridgeline don't give a rats.

I got a double bonus yesterday, not only did i gain a wife.

But the gear i wanted arrived with 1 of the guests from NZ.

Socks and the 36.6 top.

The boys gave the gear a check over before they devoured the Pheasant pies and duck balls..

I tried the top on today, and you can feel the difference straight away.

It totally cuts the wind factor out on the top of your body.

From now on, ill be dealing direct with NZ.

The quality is spot on. And its cheap compared to AU.

Farmlands, Outfit, Its a Co Op.

Socks and the 36.6 top.

The boys gave the gear a check over before they devoured the Pheasant pies and duck balls..

A wife? :)

Socks and the 36.6 top.

A wife? :)

There's even photos to prove it

My Ridgeline jackets 'studs" fell out of the securing corners on the pocket flaps. Still a reasonable jacket though. just gotta be carefull with it.

Do you have a link to a website - cant find anything via google

All i can find is an email addy Len.

enquiries@farmlands.co.nz

I have a friend there and she tells me there are heaps of places selling good gear.

Her Bros hunt deer and so does he friends there.

So they would know their gear.

Ill ask her to find me more info on out lets.

All i can find is an email addy Len.

enquiries@farmlands.co.nz

I have a friend there and she tells me there are heaps of places selling good gear.

Her Bros hunt deer and so does he friends there.

So they would know their gear.

Ill ask her to find me more info on out lets.

Thanks mate