Latest Knives

gafloss

Thanks for that info AH.

Just had a quick look at the work the boys do.

It will take a month to read through that lot.

Not to take any thing away from you Gaf, there are some nice end products on show in that forum.

And i think yours are up to the same standard Geoff.

I'm just an amateur newbie compared to most of those guys, Richard. I don't think I could bring myself to actually use half the knives on the forums.

Check out a few of the US leather supplier websites too, as they have some reasonable tutorial videos on tooling & finishing leather. Tandy leather is one that comes to mind.

Bloody hell, between you and Alt/H.

With those 2 sites, They have blown my mind.

Looks like ill have a pleasant past time sitting next to the fire in my old age.

And here i was thinking that i would be carvings eggs.

Stuff the eggs. Ill be researching and collecting what i need to knock up a knife or 2.

Like i said, i have made a few. But they were as rough as guts compared to yours.

Looking forward to producing a quality job on a knife.

Thanks Geoff.

Richard, I don't have the space or tools to make the actual blades. I get them from Texas Knife Supplies (among other places). If you can't find what you are after locally, they have just about anything you could possibly want or need for the actual knives.

Thanks Geoff. I just got in from CFA duties.

I had been looking at some of the ozzie woods available.

Im astounded to see that some of the fire wood i have used looked like it does on the inside.

When i was in business i had a forge, anvil all sorts of tongs. Just loved to do some things the old way.

The coke burners kept me supplied with loads of the stuff.

It never crossed my mind to make up a knife in those days. When i had the gear. And a collection of old cross cut saws.

I have been trying to source knife blanks. So thanks for the contact.

AH has also offered help, which i will gladly accept.

So in advance thanks to both of you guys.

It will be interesting to see if my knife sharpener will produce the goods on a good bit of steel.

I have a few stones in the shed i have never used One looks like a bit of marble, But light travels through it.?

I dont intend to make many, i just want to make a couple of nice knifes.

And have a go at a decent looking sheaf.

Well thats what im saying right now, that may change if i get the bug.

Edited by optic