Duck Hunting Camo

Benw

Depends on what terrain you are hunting in Ben.

Google duck hunting images and have a look at where people are hunting and what they are wearing.

Best advice I can give you is don't move a muscle until you are going to shoot them. They spot movement exceptionally well:)

I wear an Ozcam shirt, A normal wide hat brounish in color. And mostly dark blue shorts or black jeans. Sometimes i wear oz cam dacks.

The most important camo to have is barrel wrap tape.

I dont care how good you look in camo. its of no use if you are flashing a barrel around that shines . They see it a long way off.

I have heaps of camo gear Ben. The ozcam gets all the work.

And its cheap from ozzie disposals.

Enjoy your first season mate.

IMO,camo is best when it blends with the surrounds,a single duck has excellent eyesite,so you can imagine what a flock would be like.They don't see you from face on,unless coming low into decoys,they look down from above,so hide everything including yourself as best you can.Don't move until they in range and you are ready to get on them.If you don't want to buy to much in the way of camo,you can always buy a few lengths of hession from Aussie Disposals and paint it to match the areas you want to hunt.Either wear it as camo,make a hide from it or just drape it over yourself.

i get away with green/brown kinggee pants when dam and channel hopping as it's quite close to surrounding grasses in swamps well waders but you can go little darker with gear. moving around too much will make you stick out like dog balls, but on the other hand i've made big racket and clumbsy movement and still had birds fly over me. Last 3-5 season been using cabela's cammo shirts and caps, they are quite dark unfortuntely don't think much difference between whats available on the market they don't really make for lighter coloured grasses and scrubs that find around water ways

last year noticed a big difference when i cammo wrap my gun found birds came in that little bit further then in past and now swear by cammo wrapping

you can have the lastest hardcore cammo set on, but that wont do much if your not in a flight path,