Made a knife for a friend

Rifletuner

On 16/10/2023 at 7:44 AM, gryphon said:

And 'opening up'  treatment at home with another of RT`s knives. Mulga wood handle/scales.

lugholeknife2.jpg.91649177e0d9f1745628ad1063644c27.jpg

Good to see its still in use. That was a very early one I made. My ambition was well ahead of my very basic skills back then. That knife is a bit like me - ugly but functional.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, gryphon said:

It did the job, unzipped the stag and other tasks. I will have a yap to you re handle shape mate.

No worries. Will be interested to hear the feedback 👍

22 hours ago, Rifletuner said:

Will be interested to hear the feedback

I used the red gum handled  sheep skinner on the recent stag today RT. 

As you can see the effects of the 7mm RM under the ear butt had an explosive effect and of course an instantaneous death.  Below is  how the antlers came out after the skin was removed. Maybe you can use them as scales. I hit them with the hose and will saw off later.

junctionstagskull.jpg.0be36423a3d2ead35f29dc60f46facf1.jpg

51 minutes ago, gryphon said:

I used the red gum handled  sheep skinner on the recent stag today RT. 

As you can see the effects of the 7mm RM under the ear butt had an explosive effect and of course an instantaneous death.  Below is  how the antlers came out after the skin was removed. Maybe you can use them as scales. I hit them with the hose and will saw off later.

junctionstagskull.jpg.0be36423a3d2ead35f29dc60f46facf1.jpg

Thanks mate. Yes, I should be able to do something with them.  Definitely would have been a quick lights out for the stag. 👍