HAND HELD GPS

JAYT

I have a Garmen GPS60.

User friendly, reliable & quite affordable. This is where i got mine from:-

https://www.ja-gps.com.au/garmin_gps60.aspx

Edited by tinyted

I have a Magellan Explorist 100. Basic model for around $250. It does not have maps on it, it just tracks and marks points. You can put point discriptions in. I have not as of yet been geographicaly embarrised (LOST) and mainly us it for finding things I have to go back for like the animal I shot when I need to go back and get the vehicle. It is a god send during a dusk hunt when you go back for the carcuss in the dark.

I have a Magellan 330 does everything I need and then some, Cheap as chips now as they are a few models on.

Mine on the weekend fell out of the car and was then driven into a big mud bog, I wased it out and changed the batteries and it was working fine.

I use mine with aussie explorer and find it very handy to see where you have been over aerial maps I make and topos.

with these models you are talking about can you put in coordinates off a map and then trek around to your point... ie get points off a map for a property perimiter and find the points to re-fence etc. ??

I have a Garmin GPSMap76

It does all I want and more and it floats - so the is no problem with it getting wet or covered in dust

cheers

Len