Sunglasses

G'day ALL,

would like your thoughts on the optimum pair of sunnies,seems that glass lenses are becomeing harder to find.Looking for something that is the ducks nuts for fishing and hunting.Last pair were Spotters,aussie made i think and great for blue water.I have a pair of Mako's for low light( BROWN LENSES) sight fishing.Any ideas would be great!

CHEERS SMITHY :blink:

for hunting (espcially low light dawn/dusk) as well as for fishing i prefer polaroids with that yellow/amber colour - really lights things up and i reckon i see more trout with that colour. mate swears on it for seeing billfish in the wake as well.

I have North Beach and Oakley Polarised for fishing, I use the Oakleys for outside as its seems to get through a bit better to watch fish smashing my lures. It really depends on Budget as well, you get what you pay for alot of the time with Polarised.

definitely get polarised lenses. But go for wraparound style shades with the thinnest arms possible. thick arms tend to give me a headache when you wedge a hat down over them, and lenses that stick out the sides can be a PIA when aiming (hangup on cheekpeice or scope)

As you said glass lens are hard to find the 1s i have are "stalker" but are no longer made and yes they were an Aussie made product in S.A. As for spotters im not sold on them personal opinion. But just go into any shop and they should have a fair selection. As for colour all mine are cooper and i have no prob in hunting or fishing

1S1K

Thanks for the input guys.I settled on a pair of Mako Hunters in the blue lense.Seem to be pretty good in full sun on the water,and comfy on the eyes and ears whilst driving,bloody expensive though!Still......I have found over time that i look after the expensive ones a lot better than the cheapies,so i guess it pays in the long run.

Cheers SMITHY