Gillie Suits

Are gillie suits worth the money you spend on them and do they actually work

in answer to your 2 questions, NO and YES!

make one yourself - don't waste the money.

they certainly work well - military snipers use them, and so do hunters for good reason.

the downside obviously is all the #### hanging off it makes it hot as in summer, gets caught on brush etc.

for hunting, movement and wind are far more important considerations IMO.

the only kinds of hunting i would use mine in are ambushes for foxes or dogs, and possibly deer.

for other hunting, i want to be more mobile.

You can get the mesh type ones that are cooler in the hot weather and in the colder weather you just wear more clothes underneath

I have one, I love it & use it all the time bought it from Cabelas.

It's so comfortable I have posted a couple of pics below.

Animals & birds walk / fly right up to me when im still, its like a protable blind.

Excellent for cooler temps, 5-15degrees is perfect. <5 put on some thermals underneath.

Super quiet, made from 100% cotton.

I dont fint that it snags on anything apart from blackberry bushes.

I have hunted in a lot of different gear, and can't go past a quality gillie suit.

I would recomend anyone buying gear from these guys. http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/template...entId=cat470076

post-5086-1212746306_thumb.jpg post-5086-1212746549_thumb.jpg

btw, im not saying it makes up for poor hunting technique, you still have to be super quiet etc. But once you have that down pat it works a treat. A month or so ago i walked up on a mob of pigs, they looked @ me and keept eating until I unleashed a thunderstorm of rounds from my 30.06 7600 pumpie into them. If I wasnt in this they would have looked up and run.

Edited by Backlash

Ten Zone Archery is the eBay store where I bought mine. Good bloke and good service for a good product. Unfortunately eBay is shutting him down due to not using Paypal or something <_< , pr!cks.

I have one, I love it & use it all the time bought it from Cabelas.

It's so comfortable I have posted a couple of pics below.

Animals & birds walk / fly right up to me when im still, its like a protable blind.

Excellent for cooler temps, 5-15degrees is perfect. <5 put on some thermals underneath.

Super quiet, made from 100% cotton.

I dont fint that it snags on anything apart from blackberry bushes.

I have hunted in a lot of different gear, and can't go past a quality gillie suit.

I would recomend anyone buying gear from these guys. http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/template...entId=cat470076

post-5086-1212746306_thumb.jpg post-5086-1212746549_thumb.jpg

btw, im not saying it makes up for poor hunting technique, you still have to be super quiet etc. But once you have that down pat it works a treat. A month or so ago i walked up on a mob of pigs, they looked @ me and keept eating until I unleashed a thunderstorm of rounds from my 30.06 7600 pumpie into them. If I wasnt in this they would have looked up and run.

Most of what is on that Cabelas web page can be purchased here for less than it costs to get from Cabelas.

3D Mesh Suits

3D Mesh Face Masks

MESH Only Camo Jackets and Pants

Ten Zone Archery is the eBay store where I bought mine. Good bloke and good service for a good product. Unfortunately eBay is shutting him down due to not using Paypal or something <_< , pr!cks.

I know, but he is opening up an online store which i would highly recommend people using to support aussie blokes out. Great service, fast delivery (2 days).

Most of what is on that Cabelas web page can be purchased here for less than it costs to get from Cabelas.

3D Mesh Suits

3D Mesh Face Masks

MESH Only Camo Jackets and Pants

I disagree. What I have seen here compared to Cabela's is just rubbish. I'm by no means saying Cabela's has quality stuff but Anything that is even close to the price over here is ready to fall apart.

I've had great success with everything from Cabelas and although I would not by everything from there due to disliking spending my money out of the country when it comes to quality and cost U.S. staff exceeds us by far.

Xav

I disagree. What I have seen here compared to Cabela's is just rubbish. I'm by no means saying Cabela's has quality stuff but Anything that is even close to the price over here is ready to fall apart.

I've had great success with everything from Cabelas and although I would not by everything from there due to disliking spending my money out of the country when it comes to quality and cost U.S. staff exceeds us by far.

Xav

Well 100% of what I manufacture in 3D Leaf and clothes and / or import comes from the US

and is made in the same factories that make the Cabellas stuff.

I know where you are coming from though - I deal with the Police / Military and

had a Police dept say the other day that they had looked at 20 different 3D Leaf suits

and mine were by far the best - and I know what else they looked at, most of which is

Chinese made crap.

Well 100% of what I manufacture in 3D Leaf and clothes and / or import comes from the US

and is made in the same factories that make the Cabellas stuff.

I know where you are coming from though - I deal with the Police / Military and

had a Police dept say the other day that they had looked at 20 different 3D Leaf suits

and mine were by far the best - and I know what else they looked at, most of which is

Chinese made crap.

I havent tried the 3D leafy suits, what i am wearing in my photos is a One peice cotton sent-locked gillie suit. It's great for cold conditions.

The 3D suits your talking about are more for summer or wearing clothes on underneath. A few of my mates have them and they are great in warmer weather.

Lets see some of your product, so we know what we are talking about, this like comparing a .22 to a shotgun, these both guns with different uses & at different prices.

I actually want a 3D leafy suit for warmer weather, i would be happy to buy your stuff. Just that Cabellas have a wide range of warmer gillie suts you cant get in Aussie.

Edited by Backlash

the 3d's over the mesh are the way to go cos in hot weather just wear minimal clothes then in cold weather you can fully rug up under it

Being a X cadet and being right in to it (there was a few of us in our flight that took it WAY to serious when out on a biv)

we made our own yowie suits. During one of our night ops that we had, one of my mates was in abit of open area heard ppl coming rather then running he just crouched down, one of the guys thought he was a bush and well let me just say my mate got a lil wet.....

Id just make one your self but if you have the $$$ then buy one making one takes to much dam time.