Hunting Clothing

Any Vets out there?

Are animals colour blind?

Or is this an urban myth?

I asked my dog and all she said was, "Woof"

I asked my dog once and she just tipped the old head a bit sideways and gave me a strange look :D

The easy part - Ducks etc see Colours and Red is a dead give away to them so don't wear it duck hunting

but use it to your advantage to get ducks to fly closer to you !!!

Anyway, since we're talking deer hunting, they see everything in "shades of grey" depending on what the colour is of the clothing.

Deer (and other animals, ducks, etc) are very sensitive to UV so it is important to make sure your

clothes are not washed in normal washing powders with UV Brighteners. Sometimes with all the crap

you get on hunting clothes you have to but you need to re wash them again in plain water or one of

the Non UV Washes.

Edited by 500Nitro

The stoney creek shop is pretty good. Some nice gear. The rainwear over trousers look very similar to the bone dry pants i mentioned that are on ebay.

I had a look at Kaderles once before, i have the stearns mossy oak rain jacket that they sell, but its too noisy for hunting i think.

I came accross another site www.owoa.com.au that has a good looking 3 in 1 jacket.

Anyway i will look in to it a bit more before i go out and buy new gear.

Thanks for your input fellas.

owoa.com.au are in pakenham vic,

their top blokes and cheap, i got great pants for $55.

owoa.com.au are in pakenham vic,

their top blokes and cheap, i got great pants for $55.

Yeah i got my jacket from them, it was $229. All the others i looked at were around $450 and the one i got seems to be equally as good quality wise and has a few extra features.