Head Lamp

JUTS

Hey all, im looking at buying a head lamp/light..

What are you guys using?

Any recommendations appreciated

What are you going to use it for?

How Much Run Time you want?

How bright must it be?

RU climbing Clifs with it at night or chasing your kids at night?

We need a bit more info.

I use just a plain jane Energiser Headlamp.

It has 3 LED's. @ White and 1 red.

Runs off 3AAA and gives about 50 hours with Energizer batteries - I now run it with 3 AAA Energizer rechargables and it run perfectly.

It has adjustable up and down head.

I use it for all kinds of things... spotlighting while walking about, Skinning in the dark, working at night or in low light or dark corners etc.

Costs ~$35 at Coles and Woolies - cheaper on eBay.

Hey all, im looking at buying a head lamp/light..

What are you guys using?

I currently have two; Petzl Tikka and Black Diamond Camo-Spot. The Petzl is useful around camp and in the vehicle spotlighting, whereas the Black Diamond is great for going into the bush pre sunrise or coming out way after sunset. I always have the Black Diamond in my pack.

I bought the Led Lenser H7 after reading a review in a hunting mag. Wow! Very impressed! Since then I have had to buy 2 more, one for my boss (who doesn't part with money easily), and I gave one away to a partially crippled man in a not so pleasant country.

The wide beam is great around camp while the spot is almost good enough to spotlight with! Battery life is quite reasonable too.

Enjoy

I run the tactikka xp and it's basically the most important item in my pack for those long walks out in the dark. It's got me out of many a pickle. I have also spotlighted foxes and rabbits with it.

It kills most for how much light and how far it throws the light. You can compare them on the website.

http://www.petzl.com/us/outdoor/headlamps/...ies/tactikka-xp

We get issued pelican headlamps at work and they're pretty good bits if kit but lack a beam that can be focused.

My personal one is the led lenser and it's great.

One of my mates has got a petzl and he swears by it.

Good ones aren't cheap but nothing good in life is.

Cheers.

I have 2. LED Lenser H7, awesome, light output 160 lumens or something like that from memory, can be focused, light, compact. Great value for $

Other is the Black Diamond Icon has 1 x 3watt led, light output similar to the H7, also has 4 x low output led's great for round the camp etc, this one offers better water resistance than the H7 which has none.

Neither are cheap but I dont mind paying for quality gear. Each has their place in my pack.

Hope this helps.

Langers

Believe it or not you can get some rippers for under ten bucks in the $2 dollar shops,cheap and not a problem to lose,I bought a few of them and they have got me out of the bush a few times after dark.

A mate had a $139 petzl on his head and asked me how much my HL cost,he thought it was a good light as we were carting gear into the bush one night from the boat,i said "$ 5.50 at the Yea shop" three years ago.

+1 on the tactikka xp, these are a great bit of kit. We use them for adventure races and night rogaine’s (they provide enough light to run through the bush at night), whilst still being very light on the head for a bit of spotlighting and easy to diffuse around the campsite

I use a master vision light which is lightweight and curved, all to fit the bill of a ball cap. It's totally adequate to help me walk through the woods at night. I also intend to use it when tying my rifle to a hoist before and after climbing in my tree stand in the upcoming deer season. Looks like a novelty item but it's surprisingly bright. Besides giving off steady light, just like a flashlight/torch, it also has a blink feature. Not sure what that's for - maybe to indicate an emergency or act as a pre-arranged signal.

http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/stores/s...011000_100-11-2

I have a 5 LED Cap Light. It came as a freebie with a shooting vest I bought off ebay a while back. It fits onto the brim of a cap and works very nicely. It runs off of 2 CR1616 button batteries and they last for over 40hrs.