Gun Safe

FireStorm

I don't think they are exactly bargain basement. They have used the same keypad lock as the $25 mini safes from Bunnings. When you take delivery into account my Iron Horse safe was about the same price and IMO a better build.

I had a look at a few on ebay a while back. But I worked out in the end that freight would kill any price advantage, compared to my LGS.

I bought an excellent safe only last week through Ebay and am delighted with it. Electronic safe, with key backup, and a separate ammo compartment (key only) inside.

I agree though with what others have said about shipping costs. However, I am in Brisbane and so are the suppliers, so I just went and picked it up myself.

Best of all, you don't need to buy it on Ebay. I found the safe on Ebay but then just went to them, checked it out in person, and then bought it in store at the Ebay price.

If you are in Brisbane I can grab the details for you.

P.S. Just checked out the one you are buying (missed it earlier) ... The one I got is essentially the same as the one you have there (no red interior though) but did not include the extras they have included.

Edited by Natator

Im getting rid of my safe, if you want to know how many it holds lol the total may scare you more than 20.

Im building a wall safe much smaller. My original safe which held 6 or 8 is the ammo box.

If you have the skills i find it much better to make your own to suit where you are at the time, i have moved house and the safe is to big so its got to go, and its solid steel, fully welded.

This thing has 3 locks concealed hinges and stands 5 foot tall, its not a toy and its for the serious hunter.

If you want to campare its size to what you get off ebay, mine equals more than 5 of them.

If any one local in melbourne is interested let me know i want to become a VIp member.

Ill post a pic and work out a price, i store alot more than my guns in it, i put shelves in it down 1 side and i can still get inside it if i want.

Cheers.

Looked at picking one up, postage wasn't too bad, about $30 to get from Melbourne to Adelaide and would still save over $100.

The sizes do appear to be deceiving in what they say you can fit in given the dimensions.

Ended up refurbishing an old steel brownbuilt cabinet for a lot less and still compliant with class A & B.

I just bought a 5 gun safe 2 weeks ago. Found a 5 gun on Ebay and noticed the store was based in Melbourne.

Asked if I could pick up and they guy gave me a mobile number, they turned up an a Saturday after 3 as that was the only time I could get there and even helped me load up. % gun safe and 5 trigger locks for $260 - can't complain.

Even from a regular advertiser in the gun mags, so no issues with quality.