Torches

Cool. Which one are you getting Alex?? the P4 like mine?

Its the one from the SSAA comes with gun mount EDItech 5 watt led push pull focus 250 lumens.Hey I know what to expect if I buy a 100watt spot light and have used manny . But i do not know how many lumens it takes to get the same effect as a 100 watt spot light eg a power beam or light force is there a conversion from lumens to watts ?

I have 2 led lensers and they are good got a small one that clips onto my scope and on a dark night will carry easily 150m and also have a carry around P17 thats similar to my lightforce 170 spotlight. i would recommend them to anyone.

post-10893-062101700 1279946253_thumb.jpg

Edited by paulie85

Its the one from the SSAA comes with gun mount EDItech 5 watt led push pull focus 250 lumens.Hey I know what to expect if I buy a 100watt spot light and have used manny . But i do not know how many lumens it takes to get the same effect as a 100 watt spot light eg a power beam or light force is there a conversion from lumens to watts ?

I believe that is the P4 like mine.

You can't really compare a good 100 watt spotty, like a Lightforce, to a torch though. Apparently a 100 watt quartz halogen globe puts out a good 1,000 lumens or more. The trick is to be able to properly focus that light. So a 250lm torch isn't going to beat a good quality 100w spotty. But with a good enough reflector it will not fall far short either.

I believe that is the P4 like mine.

You can't really compare a good 100 watt spotty, like a Lightforce, to a torch though. Apparently a 100 watt quartz halogen globe puts out a good 1,000 lumens or more. The trick is to be able to properly focus that light. So a 250lm torch isn't going to beat a good quality 100w spotty. But with a good enough reflector it will not fall far short either.

Yes it is the P4. I am running a 55watt scope mounted spotty at the moment , so from what you are saying this torch should take over with ease .Thanks for the info .

I have a 55w spotty and I'd say my P4 is more or less as bright and is better focused than it is. My 100w spotty though is well ahead of either.

I have a 55w spotty and I'd say my P4 is more or less as bright and is better focused than it is. My 100w spotty though is well ahead of either.

Ok just got it and try it out last night just in hand .Wow how dose such a small think with a tiny power supply from 3 AAA batteries make so much light . At a 100m its like day light in the spot is focused in . The spot is square thow its will take over from my 55w spotty for good. Going to buy one for my shot gun to

Just funnin' but this would still be quite portable albeit a tad bulky. ;D

P1050799.jpg

2x Solarforce L2's give a bit of spot and spread (about 200 lumens or more) while the 220 lumen Ultrafire WF008 recoil thrower puts a useful spot out to over 150m.

P1050802.jpg

Couldn't take a shot from front on - too many rads. :D

P1050803.jpg

Looks like all you have to do is point it at the bunny and the radiation will make it fall over stone cold dead. Fenring I know you are a torch freak, how does the Ultrafire WF-008 compare to the P7.

A couple of things I don't like about the LED Lenser P7 is that firstly it uses those piddly AAA batteries. IMO a single rechargeable Li ion 18650 is much better, gives more power and you won't be chucking batteries away all the time.

Also, the P7 isn't voltage regulated - a regulated torch will run at a constant brightness as long as the battery can support it. This is controlled by regulation circuitry in the head of the torch. The P7 is unregulated, so it will get dimmer from the moment it's turned on. So while the claimed lumen output might be present at first, it starts to drop off straight away.

They also claim impressive runtimes, which have pretty much been disproved in various reviews. There is also the price - while they may be nicely made there are other lights out there made just as well, without the above negatives. They are nwo made in China - depsite this the price has not come down....

Advantages - the fast focus is a handy feature, from flood to spot.

The Ultrafire is much cheaper and that's reflected in some aspects of the quality, but for the $$ it's good value. It has a very tight spot beam, so it's not ideal as an "all round" torch like the P7. It is regulated and it does use the 18650 batteries, and I can run mine for over three hours at almost full whack. After that it dims a bit but you can still shoot out to about 100m. Pop in a fresh battery (I always carry a spare) and you are back to full power again.

I thought I'd throw another one in the mix. Any thoughts on the Wolf Eyes Sea Lion Hunter LED? Claimed output of 700 lumen, a bit pricey at around $300 delivered, but seems well made with rechargeable batteries and remote on/off switch. Wolfey

Kilroy I've looked at the sealion hunter SO many time. The thing that has turned me off is the size/weight, but if it performs the way it should I think the price tag is worth it. I paid 300 bucks for my lightforce night hunter kit. I can reach out to about 250 meters with it. At the moment my P7 is coming close to giving me about the same light level at about 200 meters. I will use the P7 in favour of the heavy light and battery of the night hunter. Maybe the sealion is bang in the middle.

Jase

Solarforce Masterpiece with smooth reflector and 2X18650 batteries. B)

Looks fairly impressive, can't see any available with anything other than the orange peel reflector. Any ideas where the smooth reflector can be sourced?