Camo With A Difference!

Tez338

This is very interesting because I've been told by so many people that Deer can see blue more easily than Orange. I was under the impression they saw in the spectrum of just above blue, right down to Ultra Voilet?

Jase

Take it for what it's worth. Phuk the marketing & all that BS. Watch it, take in what is useful & disregard the rest. That's why I put the link up, nothing else!

Just marketing. If its that important why isn't the hunter wearing gloves and a mask?

Its designed to stand out to everyone including colourblind hunters of which I am sure there are quite a few amongst us.....thats got nothing to do with gloves and masks...

This is very interesting because I've been told by so many people that Deer can see blue more easily than Orange. I was under the impression they saw in the spectrum of just above blue, right down to Ultra Voilet?

That was my impression too - maybe cheetahs and lions are different?

Just marketing. If its that important why isn't the hunter wearing gloves and a mask?

Exactly - all that reflection off the white bits will defeat the purpose of the money they spent on their flash camo gear!

Thanks Tez338, it is interesting alright. I've watched it a few times and have some observations.

First, something about the clip. It starts off with a lot of African game with a few deer pics and the viewer thinks that eventhough the speaker is talking about deer, this product applies to all game animals. A mind trick. A really good marketing clip.

The main pitch is to deer hunters in the USA then to a specific group of colour blind deer hunters.

Deer readily see blue, no doubt about it. The explanation given here as to why this Zarco camo works on deer is that it confuses the eye of the game. Give me a break!! And that infra red reflector agents in the fabric contribute to this.

I'll tell you what confuses a deer...a bullet!.

Regarding the colour blind hunters being able to spot this camo much more easily than an orange, I'll post an answer soon. My young bloke is colour blind so I'll do some testing when he gets in to work this arvo.

Take a look at the old pictures of the deer hunters with all sorts of coloured gear on. In my view, the most successful hunters have great hunting skills and knowledge as a main attribute. After that comes quality gear, and possibly a willingness to wear safety orange.

More to come.

Grant

Its designed to stand out to everyone including colourblind hunters of which I am sure there are quite a few amongst us.....thats got nothing to do with gloves and masks...

I think you missed the point. If it was that important to stand out in the bush from your mates but hide from the animals why would you have your face and hands uncovered which stand out like "you know what" to animals... if you dont believe me get a mate to stand in the forest in FULL camo and then with face and hands showing and tell me what you observe.

No ones having a go at anyone, its a good video to post, promotes discussion. Some people around here get a bit antsy *shrugs*

At long last he turned up.

My colour blind son can see orange colours and call them as orange. He can see the blues as in the camo and call it as blue and purple. Where he does have difficulty is in the reds, greens, and some blues. He can get them confused with purple.

So does that help? I don't think so. Without doing the research about all forms of human colour blindness it looks to me like the blue is on the borderline of recognition by ALL colour blind hunters.

So my opinion on the Zarco....almost convincing marketing.

Thanks for that again Tez338

Grant

just my 2c from a newish hunter.

i prosonaly dont belive changeing our camo so we can be ID'd is the way to go

we have had one tragaty recently .... if your saying that bright camo is the answer thats a JOKE!!!

its all about the hunters!!!

as a responsable and ethical hunter we shouldent be walking around shooting at anything that moves

we need to Identify our targets then place the shot where we want it.

be hounest! do you walk around shooting at the slightest movement? if you dont know 100% what your shooting at why shoot it?

identafy your target before you shoot!!

i'm a bow hunter and new to the hunting world .... but it dosent take much to use common sence and not be trigger happy

No worries Grant, anytime. Thanks for clearing(CB folks can see blaze) that up mate ;)

Edited by Tez338

just my 2c from a newish hunter.

i prosonaly dont belive changeing our camo so we can be ID'd is the way to go

we have had one tragaty recently .... if your saying that bright camo is the answer thats a JOKE!!!

its all about the hunters!!!

as a responsable and ethical hunter we shouldent be walking around shooting at anything that moves

we need to Identify our targets then place the shot where we want it.

be hounest! do you walk around shooting at the slightest movement? if you dont know 100% what your shooting at why shoot it?

identafy your target before you shoot!!

i'm a bow hunter and new to the hunting world .... but it dosent take much to use common sence and not be trigger happy

+ 1 camfish is right. and worm was correct in saying they get antsy, sometimes our own opinions or statements get answers we just dont want,

Most understand what the person is trying to say they just need to read between the lines a little more.

I just wonder. How old are some of you blokes here. Worm, Camfish, athomo?

Phuk me I just gotta laugh at this sort of attitude. Just one of the reasons why I will never hunt with many men, or allow my son to do so either!

The younger generation are all experts hahaha. Keep hitting em keyboards lads.

MLG is a man you should listen too. Grew up in Rhodesia(farmer) & knows the game, ahh. Plus he is well over 30 hahaha sorry Mike :ph34r:

There is a reason why 'most' hunters keep off forums 90% of the time. This is one of those reasons.

as for the colors deer see, atleast mule deer, whitetails, elk(wapiti) and pronghorn here in the states.....what you wear dont much matter, movement busts yah not what your wearing.....ive killed many deer wearing a blue t-shirt and blue jeans.....one of the most notable was 70 yards between me and 8 pairs of eyes me sitting against a light gray bare hillside and after the shot they couldnt figure out where the shot came from and paid no special attention to me sitting in the open wearing mostly blue....

from what lil ive read your sambar are alot more skittish than anything i hunt but ive seen video of a guy in a clown suit calling in coyotes and their vision likely exceeded any deer......movement busts yah, not colors......only time camo really works is in really close, especially in bowhunting as it helps mask movement some and big bold patterns are better than fine detail, at any real distance the fine detail camo turns into a solid blob of color.....

Edited by rattler

what attitude you talking about?

If you cannot see it, there is no point me mentioning it.

Keep typing & happy hunting.