New Led Torch Time

Im past LED lights, if the collection i have dont do the job, then stiff.

And they all do the jobs i do.

Between head mounted gear and scope mounted leds. If it does the job its ok.

Myself and joe have a variety and they all work for what we do on culls.

Fenring I can't find the pro1 anymore. Do they only make the heads?

The Pro-1 has always been a turbohead - designed to fit onto compatible bodies. They used to sell it and the Pro-2 on a 2x18650 L2X body, but stopped making the L2X.

Just get whatever L2 you like, and bung the Pro-1 on that.

The Pro-1 does not get full power with one 18650 / 3.7v. What I do, is run two RCR123 batteries in mine. So I get full output but in a short light. I reckon the 2x18650 version is a bit long for rifle mounting. Runtime isn't as long, but on a kill light only switched on to take a shot that doesn't matter.

I had my Pro-1 out the other night, with a Wolf Eyes X Beam and IMO the Pro-1 killed the X Beam. More throw and more flood when the X Beam was fully focused.

Went down to the local oval and took some pics. There's a bit of light pollution but you'll get the idea.

The torches were:

- L2T with a LC-XPG globe (one 18650 battery)

- M3 (two 18650s)

- M8 (two 18650s)

- Pro1 (two 18650s)

- S1100 (three 18650s)

Distances were estimated by eye (forgot the range finder) but they'll be close enough. They were 30m, 60m and 150m. I'll put them together in separate posts at these distances so you get a logical comparison.

The M8 won the night for sure. The S1100 is bloody good but its so massive in the hand that it really is impractical and while its brighter than the M8, its not by that much. The S1100 comes with a tripod mount so that should give you an idea of its real purpose in life.

The Pro1 is very tightly focussed so it'd be very suitable to be mounted on the rifle and then use the M8 as the walk around light. If mounted, I'd want to test it with only one battery rather than 2. I'm not sure how that effects its output though.

They'll all get eye shine back at 150m - probably even the L2T - but you probably won't see a body with the L2T or the M3. The others you should give you something to aim for. I only had joggers and bike riders to test on so the rifle stayed in the safe.

Is that all what Fangster has already said? :)

One last photo - the torches lined up.

In order from the left they are L2T, M3, Pro1, M8 S1100

The Pro1 is just the head - it shares the body with the M3.

Both the M3 and M8 have the battery extension tube so that they can take 2 batteries. Halve the size if you only want to take one battery.

post-9007-0-34163100-1366033032_thumb.jpg

Good effort mate.

If I want to use My M3 or Pro-1 as a kill light on the rifle, I run two of these:

http://www.solarforceflashlight-sales.com/product_detail.php?t=BC&s=23&id=364

Same voltage as an 18650 (3.7V each) so two = 7.4V so you get full output.

Capacity is 880mA/h x 2 = 1760mA/H so less than one 18650 (around 2600mA/h) but as it's a kill light only I don't need long runtime. So I get full output from the M3 and Pro-1 but in a short body.

Pro-1 on my HMR.

P1020236_zps2c7f39da.jpg

M3 on my 6.5 Swede.

P1020215_zps270ea254.jpg

Ahh good idea. I hadn't thought of using the smaller batteries.

I need to buy another belt holster so I might pick up a few of them at the same time.

A heads up too - I bought what I thought was a 10 battery holder but got 10 x 2 battery holders! I'll still use them but just not as handy as I'd hoped.