Sydney Knife Show Scores

Niroc

Here is one of my two Sydney show scores...

I need to take a picture of the other one... A Bruce Barnett Hunter in W2 with a fantastic Hamon.

This one is a Zac Cheong Flipper with fully hand engraved titanium scale. I got to say this is the nicest folding knife I have ever held. The engraving is just perfect by one of the newest engravers on the Aussie knife scene "Danae" She is a very talented young lady.

I commissioned a light weight simple pack folder, and git a stunning work of art.

Could not be happier!

EKpJXqs.jpg

Yes that is a nice looking bit of work.

I have an engraver here with all sorts of points for it. That is something i intend to try out.

Having seen her work, it sure puts pressure on to get something to look any where as good as that.

She has the shading just spot on.

Edited by optic

I thought so. Any one want a bit.

Is that handle held on by the single pin shown?

Nice looking knife. im guessing the blade has been treated?

I'll take some!!!

It was destined for the heater in the shed Geoff.

Until i took a bit and cleaned it up Ill try and put a pic up of it.

Even the hard wood floor boards look good cleaned up.

I have no idea how old this timber is but the Jarrah is stamped on the back with the words Bunnings WA.

It did explode when i lifted the boards.

And that name is well before the lot that are around today.

Also a sample of what Ipch brought back from the Desert. The pic does not do it justice.

Its just a small branch off the larger piece, Of which. i have 2 off. The larger logs appear to be a dark red in color. And hard stuff.

post-9964-0-36402300-1409308144_thumb.jpg

post-9964-0-80717000-1409310083_thumb.jpg

Edited by optic

Yest handle will be held by single pin only...

Bruce is on his way to becoming a master smith. He has already passed the cutting and bend test where he had to make a stick tang knife with 300 layer damascus fixed with a single pin, put the tip in the vice and bend it to 90 degrees without anything breaking, so I have little doubt this one will take all abuse I can throw at it...

:rock:

I got Blaise to pull out the planks of jarrah and put them in the Quad shed. She tells me there are more than 20 x over 2 mtrs long so there is plenty of it Geoff.

Ill saw some up and send you a bag of them. What length do you want them cut at?