Quick review of an NV007 night vision scope addon

AltonaHunter

So this started when someone mentioned one of these on a fb page, apparently theyre popular in the UK. I went and watched all the youtube vids I could find on it and decided to roll the dice on one. I would usually never think to spend so much with a random seller in china but it was on sale so I thought stuff it.

Well I got it at the start of this week and after reading the manual of how to use it went ahead and tested it out. I've only ever used one other NV device some years ago that a mate bought cheaply and it was near useless. This however I do not feel dissapointed with at all.

There is some minor issues though...the manual is poorly translated into english, the buttons are quite noisy, and the scope you use will need to have a parallax adjustment for longer distances.

I made the mistake of ordering the 42mm scope adapter so i could only use it on my .22mag for now. I have ordered a 45mm to use with my vortex scope which does have parallax so I'll add a video for it in this thread when it arrives.

From footage Ive seen this unit does benefit from an external IR emitter. I used mine with the internal emitter last night through a cheap scope without parallax and at 100m or so the image was quite clear but the crosshairs would blur out so parallax adjustment is a must I guess.

There is a vid on youtube of someone using this unit and a dragonfly emitter...whaterver that is... and at 280yrds you can clearly see 2 foxes in a field. So thats next I guess. A larger IR emitter and Ill post how it goes.

Anyway I got this off Ali Express from a store called Outdoorsfoot hunting gear ltd. Here a link too. Seems they have 10% off atm too.

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/PARD-NV007-Digital-Night-Vision-Hunting-Optics-with-Wifi-APP-200M-Range-NV-Scope-850nm-IR/214367_32861522305.html?spm=2114.12010612.8148356.2.4b5534c9iMqq72

Link to my youtbe video I took the other day:

• Like 2

Im yet to receive the 42mm adapters for my other scopes. Theyre somewhere on or over the ocean. 

As much as I hate having to move the scope forward its gotta be done with a rig like this. It'd be a pain to shoot otherwise.