What Do I Do?

Hey guys, ive always hunted in dunlop volleys, they are great (yeah i know what your all thinking!). But im going on a serious hunt in two weeks and was wondering wheather i should buy a pair of lace up work boots or stay with the volleys until i can afford to buy some good hunt/hiking boots?

Like we are going bush but its not too hilly so dont really need the support... You guys have been wearing boots and hunting longer than me, so just wanted to know if i should get 80buck pair of workys for the time being or just let the triumph of the volley continue.

Stay away from steel cap work boots for hunting.I get my boots from Aussie Disposal.I have been using the Lace up boot with the vibram soul for a couple of years now,and they are good,and waterproof.I used them in the Wonnangatta for a week this year,and my feet stayed dry,when others wearing American hunting boots got wet.One hunter(Dan) even had the soul come off his boot.

Hey guys, ive always hunted in dunlop volleys, they are great (yeah i know what your all thinking!). But im going on a serious hunt in two weeks and was wondering wheather i should buy a pair of lace up work boots or stay with the volleys until i can afford to buy some good hunt/hiking boots?

Like we are going bush but its not too hilly so dont really need the support... You guys have been wearing boots and hunting longer than me, so just wanted to know if i should get 80buck pair of workys for the time being or just let the triumph of the volley continue.

you rich b@stard... just yesterday I found a thong... going to look for another tomorrow :)

I always wear standard slip on work boots. I have worn Blunny's, Rossi's and Redback's. They're all very similar and are great for what I do. My favorites are the Blundstones though.

Keep an eye out for the Kathmandu sale they have their hiking boots out for half price

I bought a pair and have worn them on hunts in NZ, hunting all day, treking up and down steep hills etc and they are a great boot

I originally didn't think that the Kathmandu boots would be that good but they have been as good as any other hunting boot that I have worn over the years and in some cases far superior

hey guys i bought some boots from Rays outdoors today. THESE ONES.

They have the vibram sole. Waterproof. 200gm thinsulate. Mega sale 169odd $$$ to $99. So see how they go.

I got the same pair a bit over a week ago and took them on a 5 day hunt to Walgett the next day. First day there I was dragging a hog out of the mud around a dam and sank ankle deep into the mud. Back at the house i washed them with the hose while I was wearing them and my feet stayed dry. Very comfy boot and a great price too. When we got back my Brother in law went straight out and got a pair 'cos he was impressed with mine. You,ll love 'em. Make sure you buy a tin of Dubbin from woolies and go all over them and they should stay waterproof and last for years. And get a pair of them things that cover your socks and top of your boots. Everyone was wearing them out there. I did,nt get any grass seeds or burrs in my boots because I had a pair and I reckon they,re just as important to take as your gun.

Cheers, Darren

I got the same pair a bit over a week ago and took them on a 5 day hunt to Walgett the next day. First day there I was dragging a hog out of the mud around a dam and sank ankle deep into the mud. Back at the house i washed them with the hose while I was wearing them and my feet stayed dry. Very comfy boot and a great price too. When we got back my Brother in law went straight out and got a pair 'cos he was impressed with mine. You,ll love 'em. Make sure you buy a tin of Dubbin from woolies and go all over them and they should stay waterproof and last for years. And get a pair of them things that cover your socks and top of your boots. Everyone was wearing them out there. I did,nt get any grass seeds or burrs in my boots because I had a pair and I reckon they,re just as important to take as your gun.

Cheers, Darren

Ahhh good to know that they wont fall apart on the first trip.

Thanx mate

I always think its a risk wearing new boots for the first time on a 15km march or hunt. I always try breaking in new boots over a few weeks of shorter trips and when confident away you go. My opinion onlyand not always possible.

There's nothing like a 50 cent sized blister to make you lame and take your mind off hunting...yuk.

I always think its a risk wearing new boots for the first time on a 15km march or hunt. I always try breaking in new boots over a few weeks of shorter trips and when confident away you go. My opinion onlyand not always possible.

There's nothing like a 50 cent sized blister to make you lame and take your mind off hunting...yuk.

Touche, i had to work with dad for a few days whilst i was on holidays so i wore them in there... They were great for the hunt. ill post it up soon.