Hiking Boots For Hunting?

BassPro for me too last year but got the Wolverine ScentMask in camo. Waterproof, thinsulate, light and tough.

Ended up buying another pair in larger size though because I got caught with the US sizing. The pair that is a bit small I can still use with thin socks in good weather though. Very nice to wear

Grant

P.S. A word of warning. Wolverine will spam you for quite a while with product info.

My wolverine are rubbish. Lasted a few weeks before falling apart. They are super comfortable though, I use them for work now so not all is lost. Will try out my new Irish setters this season....

BTW, Aus $ is up the pooop ATM :(

My wolverine are rubbish. Lasted a few weeks before falling apart. They are super comfortable though, I use them for work now so not all is lost. Will try out my new Irish setters this season....

I think you should say "your model" Wolverines cob,i have some W`s that are excellent and after seeing your boots they are more akin to a "runner" type and I doubt if any of that style from any maker would be any good.

Irish Setters are an excellent manufacturer,way better than Rocky`s IMO after having three pairs of each that were actually used and abused.

I think you should say "your model" Wolverines cob,i have some W`s that are excellent and after seeing your boots they are more akin to a "runner" type and I doubt if any of that style from any maker would be any good.

Irish Setters are an excellent manufacturer,way better than Rocky`s IMO after having three pairs of each that were actually used and abused.

Thanks Gryph, I was starting to get worried.

Grant

Between myself and my son we have 3 pairs of rockys and we couldnt be happier with them i will get some more this year to as my son is still growing so he will need it.

Go to basspro great service from the guys

BTW, Aus $ is up the pooop ATM :(

Been on the web again - filling my head with too many choices. :blink: Has anyone tried the Irish Setter Tamaracks (insulated or un-insulated)?

Hey, Worm - so we can all avoid them, what model were yours?

Been looking through my old posts to find the name and pic of them (wolverines) but I cant seem to, bugga. I had a look on both Cabelas and Basspro and they are not selling them so its all good.

IMO, I would chose uninsulated. But some blokes here reckon insulated all the way. My feet have not once been cold in uninsulated boots, thats walking in everything other than a thick blanket of snow. But I get pretty hot feet so that might help also.

I just got the IRISH SETTER GRIZZLY TRACKER 400 GRAM BOOT REALTREE AP HD I have been waiting for them to come down but just bit the bullet as my Rocky Boots have fallen to peices after last weekends walking.

The rocky boots lasted me one season but they did get a hell of a lot of use.

I like the 400gm thinsulate as I can wear it any time of the year without my feet sweating up a storm and this year I wore them in NT without a problem so it covers me for all Australian seasons. I would even get zero thinsulate as long as they were waterproof.

Cabelas reviews are normally accurate and a good help when selecting a boot, also make sure you look at weight as a lb difference will make a difference on those hard hill walks.

Danner 8's are well worth the money. $280AU I think they were, got them from Vic Attard of Wild Boar Australia. I give these boots a flogging last season, held up great. Real good ankle support, come in camo, but great in the waterproof department. Hunted heaps in the rain without getting wet socks. Just give them a good coat of dubbin, good to go!!

Tony

I was thinkin about gertting a pair from OS but the only thing that is stiopping me isthe size and fit. I suppose it would cost the buyer to send them back for an xchange.

How did you guys find the sizing once you received the boots.

Just risk it mate. Worse case, sell them on eBay. Even if you sell them at a loss you will still be infront compared to AUS shop prices. The first pair I bought where half a size to big, still fine to wear. Next pair I got half size smaller and they where spot on.

When you pay $100 delivered compared to $200+ its def worth the risk IMO

I have bought a few pairs of boots from Cabelas.Their sizing ,if you read the conversion, I have found spot on.My Meindl boots are tops,although a little hot in summer,perfect in winter.THEY ARE NOT INSULATED.I wore them in the snow last winter,without an issue.They have as well a insole that is like a perforated mesh stuff that keeps your foot relatively dry in summer.Again,wandering around the bush in summer they are fine.Also a pair of Justin steel cap cowboy style boots from Sheplers.Again,perfect fit.

Hope this helps.

SMITHY