Gun Safe

tikkaguy90

Hey guys im new here so plz bare with me.

I just have a question about gunsafes my house only has a carport no garage and a lil garden shed. I no if the safe is less then 150 kg it has to be bolted down. but can i put the safe in my garden shed its right at my bedroom window and of course it has a paddlock. Thanks

Sorry wrong Place to post this!

Edited by tikkaguy90

The only other thing to think about is the moisture problem associated with most outdoor sheds. I would recommend putting silica gel satchels in your safe, or even a stocking filled with rice to draw out any excess moisture.

Yeah i was thinking about that i was looking at these things call damp rid at the supermarket its a bucket of lil bead things that draw moisture does any one no how the work?

Edited by tikkaguy90

You could buy a bar dehumidifier. They work by raising the temperature inside by a couple of degrees which in turn dries out the air inside the safe. I have one in my safe and they work great! All military safes have a couple of big ones too!

One similar to this should be more than sufficient for most normal size gun safes: http://cgi.ebay.com/GOLDENROD-GUNSAVER-DEHUMIDIFIER-12-PROTECTS-100-CUB-FT-/300479884009?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item45f5ff2ae9