Great Value Gun Safes 12 Gun $395 5 Gun $250

AltonaHunter

I picked up a new gun safe the other day and thought I'd share info as it's the cheapest price for one I've found amongst the bargain retailers including ebay.

I've had my rifles in a safe that is little more than a storage locker for years, bought off a guy in the trading post nearly 10 years ago. Time for an upgrade I thought when I inspected this safe and considered the price.

Has 5 locking bolts with a decent lock and key. Rubber stoppers on the bottom which wont scratch your floor if stored inside. Good sized ammo box. Overall feels very solid.

There's a small sticker on the safe stating "Fort Knox" - well I dont know about that but it feels a hell of a lot secure that my other one. Big box it came in states made by Millers Falls, they make cheap tools and other things - no doubt chinese.

The seller is a Warehouse Clearance place in Altona Nth, Melbourne... on Gordon Luck Ave just off Dohertys Rd. Thats on the same road as fowles car auctions.

They've got a hell of a lot of other stuff in there too, vac packs, mincers, meat bandsaws, welders, industrial equip, gennys, a hell of alot of stuff anyway.

I put my rifles in just to illustrate size, I haven't bolted it to the wall yet...weekend project.

I got the 12 gun model $395 as I'm allowing for some arsinal expansion, the 5 gun is same design just smaller at $250. The home vac pac is $75 and 10m rolls for it are $12.

I picked up a 12 gun safe, same design but with 2 locks for the gun bit for $370. Gladiator G3 here is a link to it

http://www.claytonfirearms.com.au/products.html?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=540&category_id=6

Didn't get it from there though.

Just looking at the pictures again.... I don't think that safe is leagal? Because of how the ammo storage is. When I done the law and safety course recently the cop pointed out that a safe with 2 compartments are fine, but for some reason you can't put a lockbox inside the gun area.

Just looking at the pictures again.... I don't think that safe is leagal? Because of how the ammo storage is. When I done the law and safety course recently the cop pointed out that a safe with 2 compartments are fine, but for some reason you can't put a lockbox inside the gun area.

Completly legal in Vic. Ammo must be stored in a seperate compartment with a seperate key. Providing it doesnt use the same key for both its legal. Most of them now are built like this.

Burton, i realise that, but the officer stated and i quote 'for some stupid reason you can have a locked tool box to store your ammo, but that tool box cant be stored in the safe'

That is a bargain.I was over that way yesterday looking at bloody cars.

Ill go and have a look at the other gear.

Were the bandsaws expensive, and im also after a good vac packer and mincer.

Thanks AH.

I think the bandsaw was $250 with a mincer on the side that runs off the main motor. There was also a big commercial mincer for $350. The vac pac is a cheapy the same as aldi sold for $100. I got the aldi one and it works really well. Heaps of other stuff too, some goodx some junk - $10 fishing rod and reel ...lol

Burton, i realise that, but the officer stated and i quote 'for some stupid reason you can have a locked tool box to store your ammo, but that tool box cant be stored in the safe'

I've been inspected a couple of times with my old safe the same configuration as my new one, no problems as far as the officer was concerned. Even if there was its a quick fix up.

Completly legal in Vic. Ammo must be stored in a seperate compartment with a seperate key. Providing it doesnt use the same key for both its legal. Most of them now are built like this.

+1 on this.

Mltzer can you explain yourself in a better way.

A tool box is within the law even if it locked and just sitting on the floor.

Where did you do you ticket what suburb?

I don't know if I can make it any clearer.... A locked toolbox is fine for your ammo, but for some reason you can keep that tool box in the safe with your guns. and the officer pointed out he does not know why that is.

Course was at Dandenong Victoria.

Lol mitz a start would be making sure you don't write can when you meant to write can't only one letter, but makes a world of difference.

Yeah I heard the same thing, the locked tool box must be kept separate from the gun safe

Edited by Zardez

Lol mitz a start would be making sure you don't write can when you meant to write can't only one letter, but makes a world of difference.

Yeah I heard the same thing, the locked tool box must be kept separate from the gun safe

Hahaha yeah.... Was on the iPhone...can be a pain when your not concentrating

Just checked up on the storage req's for vic as I wanted to know if it's ok to just bolt to the floor as I dont want any more holes in my wall. Turns out its ok to bolt to the floor, concrete in my case. Ammo storage is in there too, I guess thats why on the inspections I've had the officer said it was fine because the safe is "purpose built" to store the ammo separately. Amazing what a lil research gleans.