Spotlights

Burkey

Hey guys looking at doing some spotlighting for rabbits during spring and summer and wanted to know what people use do you prefere the gun mounted ones or a hand held I'm only going cheep on this also is there like a hand help one you can use solo ? Mabey a suction cap with a swivel mount thing hmm could work cheers boys

I have been borrowing a hand held LED from solarforce.hk and also using a lighter scope mounted LED, my idea was to spot with the handheld and once I find to then pocket the torch and flick on the light above the scope for obvious ease of point an shoot.

im more scanning open paddock for fox first but you could possibly get away with one torch if hangin over a warren or continually walking and sniping as you go, with aid of a headlamp for walking vision and possibly a "safari sling" to run it off your hip as you move, allowing quick point shoot as the scope/gun torch is already on?

the RRP was around $150 an a little freight for the solar force, the other a "splendour" brand around similar cost.

WL

apparently technology has suprassed the led lensors capabilities....

I thought id just get a LED Lensor but have been told to steer clear as they are over priced an out dated.

todays little LEDS do better jobs

for rabbits in close maybe suitable

WL

Ended up going led lenser p7.2 got it for 120 with gun mounts from Aussie,s looks mean I reckon and bought a silva fox whistle which I've half got but I'll try both out tonight I'll head down the back and give it a blow and see if there's anything out there and how much range the light has thanx for the input guys

apparently technology has suprassed the led lensors capabilities....

I thought id just get a LED Lensor but have been told to steer clear as they are over priced an out dated.

todays little LEDS do better jobs

for rabbits in close maybe suitable

WL

I'm not up on the new stuff,but I did buy a Olight a couple of weeks ago that is a sh1t load better,but $200 isn't cheap

Just back from the paddock and itll do the job for the 22 but anything else wouldn't. like I could take a shot at 100 meters if wanted but with the 22 it's abit outta it's range I'm happy with it couldn't whistle up a fox dunno if my sounds not right yet or if they seen the light and spooked or the dogs spooked them or there was no fox although I found a dead one on my back fence with the dogs trying to drag it through the ring lock the other week think it must of been poisoned

Franklinsnapper just sent me through some info on the Olights Joe, he has one and reckons they are the goods....his light of choice now. But $200 is cheap compared to the light force predict 9x or the wolf eyes seal, both in the low to mid $300

I got the M2X-UT Javelot,1020 lumens and good for 810 metres according to the box.So far it's accounted for a few close range critters with 30m.

hey guys, just looking at those olights, seem to be the go!!

I'm looking at egay, they're on there for $130.

is there any difference in them?

searched for M2X-UT javelot, and all come up around that price.

Might have to get one, using a led lenser p7, but as said, outdated and its a few years old, flat out reaching 100 mtr.

Cheers

Dutchy

Ive just bought a T67 with a red led, it works well out to 300yds, and that is further than i like to shoot at night, can be adjusted from a really tight beam to a wide beam for spotting eyes, ill post some photos of it setup on my .223 over the weekend, got the torch + 2 panasonic lithium batteries and a scope mount for £65.00

http://www.solarforceflashlight-sales.com

Worth a look. I haven't been on there for a while but their stuff is great!

Yes, Duncs, the Solarforce mob make great stuff at great prices. I was using an M9 as my rifle light and was quite happy with it. Shot lots of foxes with it mounted on my 204. After browsing through candlepower.com forum and reading other members opinions I got an OLight Javelot M2X-UT and it is a fair jump in brightness and throw over the M9. Running each torch side by side proved it conclusively. Olight illuminate well enough for me to be able to see the entire fox clearly (not just a dark shape with eyeshine) at 180-200m. The M9 is now relegated to a backup llight in case of failure..

I have quite a few torches in my arsenal now and they all have a purpose, from walking for bunnies with the 22 to 200m plus shots at the fox at night from the seat of the Polaris RZR or off the back of the ute.

Wolfeyes Sniper 260- 22 rifle or 17HMR on the rabbits

Wolfeyes SeaLion Hunter

WolfEyes Dingo head light- great bit of kit

Solarforce M3

Solarforce M9

Houndlight green LED bought off Fenring

Houndlight red LED bought off Fenring, been using it when the pups come out in Jan-Feb and multiple foxes can be called in from one stand at night with the 22 or HMR

Olight M2X-UT is the longest throw and brightest illuminator by quite a margin among this list.

Read a review about the Javelot here-

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?392823-Olight-M2X-UT-Javelot-review-(1020lm-XM-L2-Dedomed-18650-2xCR123A-810m-throw!!!)

Olight M2X-UT

I have a Lightforce 170 scope mounted spottie as a back up as well, but much prefer the Olight.

Hope this helps any interested members.

Edited by franklinsnapper