Electronic Game Callers

ted

Don’t know how many on the forum use them but I was wondering if they actually work?  I know there are a large selection of them and are predominantly for American game but do the calls that are designed for Coyotes (for instance) work on wild dogs and foxes etc that we are more likely to find here?  Are the ones with the mechanical decoys (the bits of fluff that spin around on a loopy wire) an advantage over the ones that just make a sound?

Experiences good or bad??

• Like 1

Simple answer" Yes"  they work and work well

.LQcKOe1.jpg

I have had a Foxpro Spitfire for about 10 years now.  The model I have allows for 24 different sound files that I can remove and replace with new files. Some distress sounds work better than other with a big selection to upload and plenty for free .

There is no need to buy the top end models for calling foxes IMO . I add mouth blown fox whistle and hand calls when I call stands. I have worked with decoys as well but don't bother much these days but there are times they add value.

I call through the day and do quiet  bit of self filming the action rather than night calling but day or night ecallers work well.

Check out my link below to some footage I have taken   

Edited by vicfox

We sell the Icotec brand of callers, starting from $110  up to the outlaw at App$600.

Tho the most popular is the GC 500, which we are out of stock at the moment!, for $300. The GC350, GC 500 you can down load your own calls on to a SD card. Icotec.com has free calls to download from around the world.

They are used, with the calls that come with them for calling foxes and dogs and work well, even the woodpecker distress call has called in wild dogs!

The price on the Icotec callers includes postage Australia wide.

We also stock the Universal callers as well.

You can see them here.

https://gettrapped.com.au/predator-callers

On 26/11/2019 at 2:29 PM, pete152 said:

We sell the Icotec brand of callers, starting from $110  up to the outlaw at App$600.

Tho the most popular is the GC 500, which we are out of stock at the moment!, for $300. The GC350, GC 500 you can down load your own calls on to a SD card. Icotec.com has free calls to download from around the world.

They are used, with the calls that come with them for calling foxes and dogs and work well, even the woodpecker distress call has called in wild dogs!

The price on the Icotec callers includes postage Australia wide.

We also stock the Universal callers as well.

You can see them here.

https://gettrapped.com.au/predator-callers

Thanks Pete, I had been checking out your callers, they look pretty god and certainly come up well in any reviews.

On 26/11/2019 at 8:46 AM, vicfox said:

Simple answer" Yes"  they work and work well

.LQcKOe1.jpg

I have had a Foxpro Spitfire for about 10 years now.  The model I have allows for 24 different sound files that I can remove and replace with new files. Some distress sounds work better than other with a big selection to upload and plenty for free .

There is no need to buy the top end models for calling foxes IMO . I add mouth blown fox whistle and hand calls when I call stands. I have worked with decoys as well but don't bother much these days but there are times they add value.

I call through the day and do quiet  bit of self filming the action rather than night calling but day or night ecallers work well.

Check out my link below to some footage I have taken   

That’s a cool pic of the fox in full flight, did you take it Vicfox?

Its a still off some film footage  that  I took.  It came in at a trot then hit the afterburners then smashed into the FoxPro really hard. I never had the gun that day but returned sometime latter, called with a whistle from a different stand and am sure it was the same limping  fox that I called in again this time to the shotgun.   

• Like 1