Rino 700 vs 750

Alex84

I've been waiting to get a Rino 750 for Gatta this year but the price has jumped up $150-$200 for Anaconda members at some point recently. Price is now $800. As far as i can see the 700 is black and white instead of color and alot cheaper.

Anyone have a 700 that can confirm if it suits all purposes? Also i think all Rino's can find each other for location alerts. Is this correct?

don't get the 700.  I saw the 750 the other month on ebay and discounts for under $500, I think from ryda?

easter is coming up, wait for discounts and then get annaconda to price beat,  rino around the $630 is a great price

The 700 is fully compatible with the 750 and all other rino models for showing others on the screen. 

The 700 is not bad. I bought 2 back when they were $250 each. At that price it was too big of a step up to the 750 for me to be able to justify the 750. But as sambar stalker said, the maps on the 750 are a big step up from the 700. But the 750 is definitely a better model. Garmin have deliberately reduced the features in the 700. Its not just a black and white version of the 750. 

I also have the Astro 100 dog tracker and the maps on that are heaps better than the rino 700. 

I have a 650, had it for over 11 years. Colour screen and run topo maps fine. Connects with other rino units and you can text message other units to cut out noise with talking.

I haven't looked at the newer units so can't say if they are similar.

Maybe look at second hand units?

Macpac is now $770 and Ryda is now $920 for the 750. Bloody everything is getting more expensive now. We're experiencing a lovely global hangover from Covid lock down payments and businesses closing down. Thank god we all got locked up at home to get rid of it eh...

Anyhow, I'm also not trusting enough on buying second hand electronics. I'll see how things go with Easter sales and hope for the best.

has it got a sd card, under battery.

or easy as, if you turn it on and its got your street address comes up,thats the map you want and, its in it otherwise 750 standard mapping is no good.

if I remember can bring a sd  card in for you to use this weekend

• Like 1

its got software version 4.1. It's still got all the wrapping on the parts and screen protector. I don't think its been used and if it has barely at all.

Opening the map brings it up at the end of my street but then it loses satellite reception after a few seconds.

With half our shit still in boxes i haven't got time to play with it before heading out there. Gotta find all my gear. its too late to buy from the link and get it for tomorrow anyway. If you have a spare SD i can use that'd be amazing.

I'll bring it out and see how it goes either way. Worst case i will have it ready for the next trip and hunts i'll start doing in VIC in general.

• Like 1