Hi Vis knife Mark II

Rifletuner

So after making my last attempt at a night visible knife, I was asked by someone to make the same knife for them. I wasn't entirely happy with the last handle material, so did some some more searching online and found what seemed like a good alternative and ordered a set to try.

This new handle material has decent luminosity - the best I have found so far. I would rate it similar to good luminosity on a watch. The material is a little softer than I would like. Its fine for use on a knife, but I have to watch it when I grind the shape on the handle as the belt rips material off quicker than I am used to.

The blade is 3mm NitroV with a tapered tang and a distal taper to a pretty sharp point. The handle is luminous Chinesium with an orange G10 liner and Loveless bolts. I was also asked to make a Kydex belt sheath, so did it in orange in keeping with the high viz theme. It was only at the last minute while I was taking photos that I realised I got a bit ahead of myself at glue-up of the handles and forgot to engrave my logo on the blade. I will get a friend to laser etch my mark because I dont like to electro etch the blade once the handles are on.

IMG-5780.jpg

IMG-5785.jpg

IMG-5792.jpg

IMG-5794.jpg

IMG-5807.jpg

IMG-5778.jpg

IMG-5801.jpg

• Like 8

1 minute ago, advpat said:

Awesome knife, you are doing a great job. I like the high viz, there's less chance of leaving them behind :)

Thanks. That is definitely what I was going for. I like wood handles a lot, but its hard to beat the practicality of a brightly coloured synthetic handle.