22 hours ago, Jimwha said:

Hey Lads,

Born and breed Victorian, been away for many years and just returned home.. 

Moving into stalking right now, own a Sako 85 .308 as a scrub gun and a Winchester M70 feather-light 22-250 to remove pests.

Happy hunting! 

Later for now..

Jimmy

What's wha?

Hi All!
Love chasing sambar with my free time! Currently shooting 30-06 but would absolutely love to get into bow hunting one day!

Have a half breed weimaraner and a pure breed weimaraner that come to duck/quail hunts aswell!

Cheers,
Dom

Hello everyone,

I'm totally new and looking forward to getting some advice from experienced hunters.

Originally from Singapore and been in Melbourne for the past year. Melbourne has been great so far and really enjoying being much closer to nature. Singapore's a concrete jungle. Looking forward to making some friends and hopefully get into hunting as well.

G'day my name is Peter and I live in the Alpine Country of North East Victoria, I have worked in the timber industry for the past 30 years and I am a keen hunter of deer, goats, dogs, foxes, bunnies, cats and anything feral. I live in a small town that is surounded by forest on the East ,South and West and open farmland to the North. Deer and foxes are my main targets around home. I own a 300 Weatherby Magnum, Marlin 444, Tika 222 and a Vostok 22.I enjoy hunting, fishing and talking with good friends and company.
Peter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey Pete,

Welcome to the forum. I’m a newbie and live well you could say north of central vic if that’s a direction.

The alpine country is my go to on my days off.

Especially in the rut.

-Shannon

Welcome to the AusHunt website all new members.
AusHunt promotes safe, ethical and humane hunting practice in Australia which is reflected in our positive discussions and attitudes we have on this board. There are many experienced members and industry reps who are only too happy to answer your questions.
Just tell us a little about yourself by replying here to gain immediate full access.
Happy Hunting,
AusHunt Admin.

Hey Everyone,

I’m Shan, on here to gain a wealth of knowledge that I can apply in the field when I’m out chasing dinner and out of the field when I’m at home applying techniques to better myself on paper.

Looking to link in with some female hunters based in and around the area (central & western vic)

Cheers & happy hunting

G'day thanks for the add. Spend plenty of time out in the bush fly fishing and have seen plenty of sign and deer about the place. Thinking about getting into it a bit and just looking for some more info

On 07/01/2018 at 9:42 PM, danfitz said:

G'day thanks for the add. Spend plenty of time out in the bush fly fishing and have seen plenty of sign and deer about the place. Thinking about getting into it a bit and just looking for some more info

Guaranteed you see more deer with rod in hand than a rifle in hand for what ever reason that is, 

Hi. I’m in Northern Victoria, Mallee area. I own two old 22’s looking at buying a u/o 12g and a Hunting Rifle. Hunting rabbits and foxes at the moment. Cheers Andy

Gday fellow hunters.  I am looking forward to engaging with you all to further my knowledge and appreciation of our sport.

John

On 24/01/2007 at 2:01 AM, AusHunter said:

Welcome to the AusHunt website all new members.

AusHunt promotes safe, ethical and humane hunting practice in Australia which is reflected in our positive discussions and attitudes we have on this board. There are many experienced members and industry reps who are only too happy to answer your questions.

Just tell us a little about yourself by replying here to gain immediate full access.

Happy Hunting,

AusHunt Admin.

Hi,

I live in the western suburbs of Melbourne & have been hunting deer now for the past four years I am always thinking of ways to work less & hunt more.

Cheers

Edited by Taketheoath
  • Like 1