Wolf Eyes Sniper 260

penguin

Hello everyone,

On Friday I received my express post pack from Glen at Quarterflash. Inside was a

Wolf Eyes Sniper 260 torch, it came with rifle or shotgun barrel mount and a pressure

switch, coil and end cap as well as a charger.

I already have the Raider 380 torch and some accesories, and believe me what a good light

it is, when it sits on top of my scope on my .308 or .243.

Well I was after a torch to mount onto the barrell of one of my shottys, so after speaking to

Glen I purchased the Sniper 260 LED torch. What a beatiful bright white light it gives out on

full power mode. This light has 3 brightness levels and a strobe light mode built in.

Well the other night I was sitting at home and I decided to go down the road to the local

park and compare the 2 torches and see if there was much of a diff between them.

I walked out to one of the footy fields in my trackies and thongs and switched on the

Raider 380 and aimed it at the opposing goal posts 100mtrs away. I could clearly see

the goal posts lit up in the darkness, and I could see way beyond this into the distance.

I then tried out my new Sniper 260 and the result was very similar, just that the Snipers

LED threw out a much whiter light than the Raiders incandesant globe.

Anyway at this point I nearly jumped out of my skin as a BLOODY GREAT BIG MALE

BOXER DOG rushed at me from the side, he was barking mad and growling and showing me

his canines. I nearly did a number 2 in my pants, my 1st reaction was to blind him with my

Raider but then I remembered Glen telling me that the strobe function on the Sniper may be

usefull to disorientate a mugger or assailant. I put the Sniper into strobe mode so fast that

even I am amazed now at how quick I can move when in danger. The Boxers eyes lit up

and strobed back at me from only 10mtrs away, but he stopped dead in his tracks, put his

teeth back in his mouth and just stared and stared into the strobing light not even blinking once.

After what seemed like an eternity coz I was still shitting myself, some bloke ran up and called

his dog back to him and they walked off. I didnt even get an appology or anything from this guy.

But I was relieved that my quick thinking and my new torch saved my butt. I then decided to

stay a few more minutes and play with my torches so as to give the addrenilin that was still

pumping through my body disipate. 30 seconds or so later, something made me spin around, and

there is this stupid @@@@@@@ mutt again, 5mtrs away coming at me, I launch the Raider at him hitting

him on the chest and I activate the strobe on the Sniper again, and he slams on the anchors and just

stands there staring at me again, this time he is so close I could have stepped up and booted him if I

had shoes on. I then yell at his owner to come get his @@@@@@@ mutt or Im gonna club the dog then

him. He runs over and grabs the mutt and leaves again no appology or anything, I inform him in the

most nicest way possible (not), that his dog should be on a leash in this park at all times, even

after ####### dark. After this I hightailed it outa there.

I see this clown walking this dog often in that park during the mornings when I take my son to school,

I have never had a problem, but for some reason after dark this stupid mutt gets aggresive. Thank god

I had the Sniper and the strobe function on my side or it could have got ugly.

I hope Glen you read this coz I have just found a new use for your product mate, thank you, I still have

all my toes.

Now do you reckon I could get a fox to be dazed by the strobe, and just stare at me like the dog was?

cheers all

Penguin

post-5941-1242610493_thumb.jpg

post-5941-1242610507_thumb.jpg

Awesome story, I could imagine how disorientating a light that bright on strobe could be, I've got a little LED bike light and its blinding if you glance at it and the strobe just about gives you a headache. Who knows with the foxes, they might have seen spotlights before but probably never a strobe. They seem to be quite curious when they're younger, they might stick around to see what it is if you slowly walk towards them. Had that recently just walking around with a normal handheld spotty.

FFS why can't people put their dogs on a leash? I think the dog and/or owner needs a bullet. It breaks my heart when I see some old lady on TV bawling her eyes out because some idiots inbred macho dog has mauled their companion that was on a leash.

FFS why can't people put their dogs on a leash? I think the dog and/or owner needs a bullet. It breaks my heart when I see some old lady on TV bawling her eyes out because some idiots inbred macho dog has mauled their companion that was on a leash.

That's why I carry a 5D cell maglite torch with me when I walk my dog in the evening - too many dogs in my area that are bought for show and for posing with and are never excerised - they bark all day and attack anything when let off the leash.

The idiot owner never takes responsiblitiy for their dog. At my local park we had a small terrier get mauled by a trophy dog that the owner couldn't control, it wouldn't let go and the owner couldn't pull his dog of the terrier lucky some smart thinking guy went behind the dog and gave it the biggest kick in the nuts that he could muster - that made him let go

I've got mine mounted on a red dot sight atop my Rem 7600P .308 and the rig is the bees knees out to 100m (and beyond with a magnified scope).

+1 for idiots with dogs they can't control, plenty of them here too, the lesson here is always wear steelcaps, I had to put one under a Rottie's chin once, SNAP!

Read the bit where I HAD to, not wanted to before jumping on that too BTW...... <_<

I have a wolfeyes NIGHT HUNTER it is really impressive.

Heaps more light than a dolphin or mag light torch he he he :thumbsu:

I use mine on my 22 hornet and it is spot on for this rifle.

I will try it on my .243 soon

The only thing I dont like about it is the tape switch.

Trying to hold pressure on it whilst trying to aim I found difficult as it would cycle through its different light modes if you did not hold enough pressure on the switch to keep it depressed all the way.

I would say it lights up well enough for a shot out to around 150 meters through a scope.

post-11683-0-90895500-1311464976_thumb.jpg

Edited by ant762