Led Lenser P7

Zardez

Definitly..... Depending what you want out of a torch.

These a great fitted on a scope and can be used to pick up rabbits no worries.

If you are after a spotlight with spread, then this isnt going to be what you want.

If you want something else, keep putting $50 away each week and save up for what you want, telling the missus it only cost $50.00 works for me :P

thanks for the reply mate, haha i already bought it before you replied though :P glad you didn't say no they suck don't bother!!!

$44 new from ebay, winner!

(triple checked it's not a dodgy)

yeah looking for it to be a spot not a spread, mount on scope for walking for bunnies, prefer walking over spotty from ute, quieter, more, peaceful, well not for the rabbits but for me :)

anyone else interested there is a few P7s on Ebay kicking around due to end in the next 24 hours for under $50,

thanks for the reply mate, haha i already bought it before you replied though :P glad you didn't say no they suck don't bother!!!

$44 new from ebay, winner!

(triple checked it's not a dodgy)

yeah looking for it to be a spot not a spread, mount on scope for walking for bunnies, prefer walking over spotty from ute, quieter, more, peaceful, well not for the rabbits but for me :)

anyone else interested there is a few P7s on Ebay kicking around due to end in the next 24 hours for under $50,

Sounds like a good deal, any chance of a link? I wouldn't mind taking a look.

EDIT: I think I found them, is yours from singapore?

Edited by ShadowAssassin

There is apparently 2 different type of LED units in the P7. One is a coast, which is a chinese unit, and the other is a german unit I think. Can't remember the name.

I bought mine from an Australian reseller and it has the Coast LED in it (you can read it through the lens)and I have to say I will be buying another one. A lot of the EBay units are marked as "Coast P7" and as far as I am concerned are the same as my australian officialy imported model. Not sure if the other emitter provides better/different light, but I love my P7 for bunnies.

Great Buy.

Jase

Easy 80 meters. out further if you have a scope with really good light transmission.

Cheers Jase, I might have a bid on one tonight :)

I got an LED MagLite (2D Cell) which is good for picking up rabbits but is hard to spot once the new batteries have been in for an hour or so.

Any idea where I can get the scope mount for it?

Edited by ShadowAssassin

cheers for all the replies guys :)

shadow best way to bid on those sorts of things is too not bid, until last 1min-30sec (depending on your internet speed) and just wack what ever you are willing to pay on it

that's what i did, put $51 down and got it for 44

you find them alright?

Plenty of figure-8 mounts around. There is one made my (or sod by) Led Lenser which is designed for their torches. It's still a figure-8 but it's better than a lot of the ones I've seen. There is a tap switch tail that I suggest. Great for easy shooting. And if it goes flat, the normal unit can be whacked in there fresh batterie and give you another few hours.

Jase

sorry to hijack this post. i just bought a fenix ta21 with pressure switch . the torch is still in the mail ,but i am after a mounting of some sorts. as i have no idea on the diameter i was wondering if anyone out there had a fenix and if so how you mounted it. the only mount i could find for them was for a bicycle handlebar ..

cheers

I have a P7 for about $70 then bought an Ultrafire U4-MCU from Deal Extreme for about $25. Cant separate them. Good value.

Grant

Hey Sam, after hearing your opinion on the Ultrafire U4-MCU I am considering getting one. I have a couple of questions though :rolleyes:

- Do you need to buy a separate battery terminal to use AAA's in it?

- Is yours mounted on a scope? Is it possible to get a mount for one?

Cheers, Shadow

Hey Sam, after hearing your opinion on the Ultrafire U4-MCU I am considering getting one. I have a couple of questions though :rolleyes:

- Do you need to buy a separate battery terminal to use AAA's in it?

- Is yours mounted on a scope? Is it possible to get a mount for one?

Cheers, Shadow

No Shadow, the AAA battery holder is in it. Haven't mounted either on a rifle but I'm sure you can get mounts that don't cost the earth. The handle diameter of the P7 is 30mm and the U4 is 28mm, I reckon you could use the same mount for both. The P7 can be focussed but not the U4.

Grant

Forgot to add the picture.

That's right I have a P7 and also a Cree Ultrafire from dealextreme.com. For spotting animals the Cree kicks butt every time and for $27 shipped its amazing value for what it does. The P7 is great and the front can be adjusted for a solid beam right down to a very open close beam.

Its hard to pick which one is better? But IMO i wouldn't buy a Wolf Eyes torch or some of those real expensive ones as I don't think its worth it. That's just my 2 cents but if it breaks ill buy another one. Its lasted me 1 year already with alot of use and still going strong.

hope this helps