G'day from - NSW

hello from nsw :)

im 15 and me and my mum are getting our license soon we are in the erlie stages but are getting there ,just waiting for a gun safty course to come up. the next one is on the 10th of october :)

i live on 500 acres and theres plenty to hunt ranging from lots of rabbits to foxes to deer ect ect

im just gonna get a .22 for my first gun and just gonna shoot rabbits and maybe foxes..

thanks all im happy i found this site :)

Hello - I just moved to Sydney from New Zealand. I'm looking forward to seeing what hunting is on offer. I've had a fair amount of experience and have hunted Tahr, Chamois, Red, Fallow, Sika and Wapiti around New Zealand. I would be happy to share my contacts and experience in NZ for the same here. I look forward to contributing to the forum.

am from n z .use to hunt in nz before moving to oz.looking to get started here.have started by getting a pup now in the process of joining a club.i just want to use dogs as that was how i hunted in n z .i have five ancle biters and have lived in campbellton for thirteen years.have three nz ancle biters and two born in oz.use to have gun license in n z but do not wish to get one here.i really enjoy the imformation that the members provide and hope to see afew of yous in the future ps happy hunting

Hi Y'all I'm from Big Spring Texas.

I'm too close to 60 and have been a hunter most of those years. I've never been to Australia but I've alway's wanted to, theres just something about y'alls Country and the people who live there. I've taken a wide range of game all over the US but anymore it's mostly Deer, Hog's, Turkey and quail. I've got a small place in West Texas thats 3 sections and work on a larger ranch that 38 sections. If theres hunting involved I'm interested. Y'all show me how the Aussie's do it!

Hi Y'all I'm from Big Spring Texas.

I'm too close to 60 and have been a hunter most of those years. I've never been to Australia but I've alway's wanted to, theres just something about y'alls Country and the people who live there. I've taken a wide range of game all over the US but anymore it's mostly Deer, Hog's, Turkey and quail. I've got a small place in West Texas thats 3 sections and work on a larger ranch that 38 sections. If theres hunting involved I'm interested. Y'all show me how the Aussie's do it!

And with my first post I did it wrong.

We West Texans ain't known for our inteligence.

Hey, names Alex. mates call me Fish (iv had fish for so long i now prefer it). Just got my first car. NH pajero. Always enjoy getting out whether it be shooting fishing or 4x4ing. joined hoping for a bit of advice and just to meet new people who also enjoy the outdoors.

Fish

Welcome to the AusHunt website all new members.

AusHunt promotes safe, ethical and humane hunting practice in Australia which is reflected in our positive discussions and attitudes we have on this board. There are many experienced members and industry reps who are only too happy to answer your questions.

Just tell us a little about yourself by replying here to gain immediate full access.

Happy Hunting,

AusHunt Admin.

G'Day,

Live on the Central Coast NSW...FireFighter with NSWFB. Have been away from shooting / hunting for to long now.

Son has decided to take up hunting so I have re-applied for licence. Has been approved.....Then apply for a G & R game licence

Have been a pistol shooter for a long time....so back to reloading hear I come.

We have a few properties in NSW And 1 in Victoria that we have permission to hunt on.

Will be selling the Bass boat to fund a dedicated 4x4... trailer and Quad bike.

Will keep the kayaks so we can still fish as well.

We hope to make some new friends and acquaintances here.

Cheers Brian...!

Edited by thesmithy

G'day Damien,

I use to hunt in Cowra years ago. Kept going to same property for about 10 years till owner sold and moved. Still do the odd hunt about once a year at a mates farm in Goulbourn area. Mainly shoot rabbits @ foxes with 12g but now that the kids are older I have a renewed interest in going out shooting more often. About to purchase a new .243 remington 700 .to experience some bigger game. I'd love to come back out Cowra way. Lots of fine memories of the days we use to bag 100 + rabbits in a weekend.

Regards Frank M

G'day All

Only new to this site and hope to pop in most days for a look and hopefully to add something to the forum.

I live in cowra and love to varmint shoot the odd bunny, I also am a keen rimfire target shooter.

I used to shoot clay but gave it away as it got a bit pricey with everything else I try to do as well.( somthin had to go!!).

If anyone is headin this way dont hesitate to message me and we may fit a shoot in.

My arsenal-

Ruger vt mk11 - 25/06.

Remmy XR-100--.204.

Lanber 2087est u/o-12g.

CZ varmint-.22lr.

Anschutz match 54-.22.

stirling 12 gauge S/B.

Waiting on a weihrauch HW97K- .177 cal to turn up in the shop.

Regards

Damien Webb.

Hi everyone. I am a member of the New England Colonial Living History Group 1680-1760 in Armidale NSW. This is an 18th century group and hunting with flintlocks is one of the events we participate in. This is usually a part of our historical trekking and camping events where we practice a wide range of period skills and crafts.

I have been a woodsman and hunter for over 50 years.

Regards.