G'day from - VIC

Hi Everyone, 

In the process of moving to Vic and met some really nice blokes whilst hunting in Wonangatta that recommended this site. So I'd thought I would jump on and see what the community is all about. 🙂

Pretty much only hunt deer, love the meat and the racks if I get lucky. I shoot a Tikka T3x in .308. 

Gday guys. I’m Rob from south east Victoria. Just heard about this group through another Facebook group. Thought I’d drop a line and see what’s going on. I’m new to hunting, I have a 22 but will be getting a 308 or a 30-06 in the near future. Also looking to hopefully meet someone that will let me tag along so I can learn the ropes. 

happy hunting 

Hey Sparky here, 

I'm a new hunter and have been super interested in really unpacking what it means to be a hunter. The reason for getting into hunting is id love to be able to harvest my own meat. I have started hunting with a Compound bow and have been scouting out places with this but have found it extremely hard. Everything I seem to see has already seen me and is taking off tearing through the bush away from me. or it's just too far away. I did have a private property that i was allowed to go hunting on however that got taken away from me because of nuffys with guns shooting pets. 

Id love to get some more properties but have been super busy with a new family. 

Look forward to unpacking your knowledge and experiences to be able to use in my own and maybe make some friends with like-minded purpose

• Like 1

Hi Sparky. 

harvesting of meat is the best reward for hunting sports. Bow hunters are a different breed i have a lot of respect for them and bowhunting builds a great skill set for hunting with firearms. 

sucks about the private property. happens all the time unfortunately. 

• Like 1

Hi all im from Victoria.

I am in interested in shooting,hunting.living off the land more .love living in the country away from the city.looking forward to learning lots of tips and tricks/advice.and talking to like minded people.

Edited by Country girl

Hello guys 

I am Dave from Melbourne,have a Stirling 22 magnum,

looking for a over and under shotgun to go duck shooting for the first time next season.

‘Also interested in qual and rabbit shooting

any recommendations for a good brand or make of under and over ,that is under $2500 would be appreciated 

Welcome aboard!

With shotguns it’s all about “fit”. You want to ignore brands and find the one that the sights naturally come to your eye properly when you shoulder it. 

Post up the question in the shotgun section and you’ll get some more good advice 👍

Hi Guys,

im very new to hunting so wanted to join a forum to get some advice and pointers. i currently own a .22 and have been down the range a few times, now i want to get out and do some pest hunting. i live in Preston so will scope out any close areas to that first. il have a read through some of the threads on here

• Like 1