camo clothing

tunnel

Im looking at buying some camo gear.

Just want to know if its worth spending big dollars for the stuff at horsley park or is it better to buy something of ebay.

Is it better to buy a summer set & a winter set or just summer and wear something warm under it ?

I see the realtree stuff on ebay. Is it any good?

Ive never really thought i had a need for it till i seen the old man walking across a paddock last month in his blue shirt and pants 1k away and he stood out like a beacon.

cheers tunnel

I've bought a heap of camo off ebay, the yanks love the stuff so it's alot cheaper over there. I've bought 4 full outfits, hats, gloves and boots too. Make sure you check out whether they post to Aust and how much.

I use the microtuff stoney creek stuff it is great and i also have the ridgeline fleece pants and jumper which is great on the real cold days

Either the stoney creek website,or the ridgeline site is a good place to start.Haven't tried the ebay stuff.kaderles outdoors does some good stuff as well,and he is in Victoria,so the shipping costs will be cheaper.

Id just go to a disposal store, the gear they seel lasts forever & a day. Ive got camo pants & a shirt i bought nearly 15 years ago, i still wear them today.

I WOULDNT BUY ANYTHING FROM HPGS!!!

I bought my camo suit from cabelas, its a summer suit and I will use thermals under it for cold hunting I couldnt find anything that I liked in WA, not many shops carry that type of gear in WA

Its a great suit

Cheers

Len

I use plain old Auscams and a khaki poletec when it's cold. I'm going to get some darker stuff for thick, wet mountain forests too - the auscams can be a bit too light.

Don't forget about Blackfoot gear - designed in Aussie for Aussie's.

Stoney greek gear is the go. If you order over the net, you get a gift voucher equal to 10% of your purchase, so when you order some new gear you get it cheaper. It works well and is pretty tough. I would reccomend buying your clothes in layers, that way you can fine tune the warmth or waterproofness needed for the situation. For example I have thermal underwear, stoney creek micro tough trousers, micro touch shirt or normal camo t shirt, polar fleece camo jumpers and goretex over trousers and jacket. Now with this many options you can chop and change depending on the weather. In cold weather though don't wear cotton t shirts. They soak up and hold the moisture from sweat and if it is next to your skin you can find yourself getting real cold. Also for real cold weather I have a balaclava and stoney crek make some good gloves too.

Stoney greek . In cold weather though don't wear cotton t shirts. They soak up and hold the moisture from sweat and if it is next to your skin you can find yourself getting real cold. Also for real cold weather I have a balaclava and stoney crek make some good gloves too.

Buy yourself a powder dry top.I have been using one for a while now.It whicks the sweat away from your body,so you stay dry and warm.I wear it all year round.