Spotlight Dillema

tinyted

Im up for a new spoty. Ive had a Power Beam 9" spotty for about 15 years, & its getting a little dim, in regards to the reflecter glass burnt. I was thinking of going bigger,

either the Power Beam PL245, or the Lightforce RM240.

Has anybody got the RM240, & use it on a regular basis. I know they are alot lighter, but ive had the smaller one (SL170)years ago, but wasnt too happy with it. It always had a black spot in the middle, even though I had adjusted the beam. Is lightforce a better quality now.

Cheers, Rob.

I have both the 9" powa beam and the 240 lightforce

The lightforce is lighter in weight so it doesnt get heavy after holding it for awhile

The lightforce has an adjustable beam so you can get a wider beam or a tight spot

My 240 with the vertical filament lamp reaches farther and is brighter than the powabeam

In my opinion and experience from using both the ligtforce 240 is a better spotlight

cheers

Len

Im up for a new spoty. Ive had a Power Beam 9" spotty for about 15 years, & its getting a little dim, in regards to the reflecter glass burnt. I was thinking of going bigger,

Has anybody got the RM240, & use it on a regular basis. I know they are alot lighter, but ive had the smaller one (SL170)years ago, but wasnt too happy with it. It always had a black spot in the middle, even though I had adjusted the beam. Is lightforce a better quality now.

Cheers, Rob.

ive got a lightforce 240 good light, as for the black spot u need to adjust the globe. just push it in more or pull it out

Thanx len/codman, the Power Beam PL245 is alot bigger than the my old Power Beam 9" PL175. I know it is a good quality spotty, just playing the field.

Thanx len/codman, the Power Beam PL245 is alot bigger than the my old Power Beam 9" PL175. I know it is a good quality spotty, just playing the field.

i have the 240 blitz its a grate light this is my second one the other was left on my old ute when i got my new one thay are good because for a hunter that walks you can just unscrew it and you have a walk light

1st would be night eater but big $$$$ but its well above the other 2 lights

2nd id go the light force as mine is no dramas and am happy with it

Nighteater is by far the best but unless you are doing it professionally

where the the cost is not an issue and you can write it off as a business

expense, it's not needed so buy a Lightforce 240.

Have used them for 25 years and still going strong.

Re the black spot in the middle even after adjustment / focusing,

suggest you buy another globe and try that - and also try one of the

globes with the filament the other way (ie 90 degrees different).

the powabeam 11inch pro pisses on the lightforce, i have both and the 11 incher is much brighter

having said that if u are ever going to take it off and use it walking, i'd go the lightforce

problem i have with lightforce is the lense gets scratched(which means progressively crapper light) and to get a replacement u end up spending nearly the same as to buy a whole new unit - this is why i now have 2 240 blitz

if they fixed the problem of not been able to just buy the plastic lense, then it would be better

the powabeam 11inch pro pisses on the lightforce, i have both and the 11 incher is much brighter

having said that if u are ever going to take it off and use it walking, i'd go the lightforce

problem i have with lightforce is the lense gets scratched(which means progressively crapper light) and to get a replacement u end up spending nearly the same as to buy a whole new unit - this is why i now have 2 240 blitz

if they fixed the problem of not been able to just buy the plastic lense, then it would be better

If you look after your gear, then the lens won't get scratched.

I've had mine 25 years and they are still fine.

If you just throw the light in the back of the car or whatever

with all the rest of the gear, yes, it will get scratched

but wrap it up in a cloth after use and put it back in the box

and it's will be fine for years.

If you buy the clear lense cover for the lightforce 240 you will save scratching the main lense

thats what I have done and I own a 9' powabeam as well but use the superior 240

I keep my spotlights face down after they are cool enough of course in a milk crate that has a thick piece of foam in the bottom which has a towel covering the foam this saves them from getting damaged

cheers

Len

basically all the spotlights available are very good

the bggest problem weve found is the wiring is to light on most brands for continuess use and should be up graded to at least 4mm to 6mm size to provide the correct amperage to the light

also to have it correctly wired up to the vehicle

Thanx for the replies, they were much appreciated. Ill be getting the Lightforce 240 Blitz, they are going up at my local for about $140.

Thanx & regards,

TT.