Walkie Talkie

RockyG

I've got some Uniden (UH060SX-2) for use on the farm.

They have 5km range.

Came with VOX headset and charging stations.

They are splash proof.

Have NiMH rechargable bartteries - I have just only replaced them with 4 Energizer rechargable AAA's.

I also bought a single version (UH064SX-2) and it came with a clip on remote mic/speaker which is really handy when on a motorbike as you can clip it to your shirt collar and hear them squarking at you over the noise of the bike.

GME or ICOM are about the best IMHO I prefer the GME brand only because i use them but i have heard great reports about the icoms as well.....

Looked at this myself awhile ago and after allot of research and talking to the local guy that I know pretty well and he sells, rents and repairs these things the results were that ICOM are the best then GME then Uniden

THe GME got put ahead of the Uniden because he has never had any GME units come in for repairs but has had the odd Uniden unit come in for a repair

cheers

Len

I have a GME TX6200.

how far apart do you think you will talking?

my 1.5/2W Unidens are good for upto 8km line of sight.

Easily use it for between 2-3km distance in the back hills and bush (high ground)

But in a gully it is only 500m and will not go over the hills.

I've got the ICOM IC-41S and it works great. I get good range in the VIC high country with it, my mate uses a Uniden 5 watter and it works just as well. On the flat stuff I've been able to get 12 km range out of the ICOM without any distortion. Any 5 Watt UHF radio is going to work well

Marz

Edited by Beagleone

For hunting use I personally would go the 5 watt unit because of the change of terrain that you would encounter on a hunt so why not get the more powerfull unit

cheers

Len

HI.

I run Icoms, gme and uniden. I love my lil uniden hand help. I also like icoms. Icoms are to expensive and to intense for what you need though and I find them annoying sometimes with all the fancy buttons and menus.

I suggest looking at unidens for price and use-ability of them. They have a good range, good on warranty and heaps of extras you can buy. Also good waterproof ones around at a good price.

g'day Rick,

I've got the Uniden UH075 1/5 watt and its a little beuty. You can switch between either depending on close or longer range, making better battery life.

Had it for over 12mnths and cant fault it.

Rechargable, just place it it is holder, plus 12volt cigy lighter lead for charging and direct use, scan functions and all the usual.

I think it was around $350 posted....

cheers

hp