Camoflage Clothing From Os?

Hi Guy's,

Had a quick look in one of the shops downtown at the Stoney Creek hunting clothing and its good gear but a bit expensive, especially when you would need two sets (my son and I). Have had a look at the Cabella's web site and stuff from the states is remarkably cheap. Where does the majority of you guy's get their camo hunting gear from?

Waldo

Hi Guy's,

Had a quick look in one of the shops downtown at the Stoney Creek hunting clothing and its good gear but a bit expensive, especially when you would need two sets (my son and I). Have had a look at the Cabella's web site and stuff from the states is remarkably cheap. Where does the majority of you guy's get their camo hunting gear from?

Waldo

Yeah gear is cheap from Cabellas and that was where i was originally gonna get my camo from but then you realise the shipping is around 40% of your total order so it doesnt help you that much plus you are taking a gamble with sizing. if your on a budget just have a look on ebay (most of the time the sellers are more helpful then big stores like Cabellas) or just go to an aussie disposal store or mitchells they both have auscam which is good quality and cheap.

So to answer your question i ended up getiing most of my stuff from my local hunting store and a few things from ebay.

Ridgeline have a camo pack out now for around the $170 mark they have pants jacket long sleeve shirt and a beenie all in the same coulor... Well worth the $$$$

shipping is not 40% it is 20% at Cabelas. Go with the slow one it gets here in the same time as the quick shipping.

Also, I have bought 2 suits from cableas foir about 80 odd american dollars and they were better then things which sell here for 250. So even with postage I got 2 suits cheaper from america then buying here.

The suits came with gloves, top, bottom, face mask.

Xav

Mate, if you are on a budget there is nothing wrong with good ol' ADF issue Auscams? Cheap and very effective in the Australian bush. You can make you own face mask with some scrim too.

Ridgeline are the cheapest for decent thermals too.

Edited by Drew Jaeger

Hey Waldo i recon ebay is the way to go because i recenly go some really good cheep camo of it and only cost me $12.50 for a prand new longsleeve shirt and $15.50 for a second hand pair of pants that where only worn once and the RRP of them was $60 bucks. ;)

Hi Guy's,

Waldo

Ebay is the way to go especially the american site, there's plenty of quality and cheap camo -I've even seen realtree bedsheets and g-strings for sale! If the post price isn't stated make sure you contact them to find out and thats if they'll ship overseas. I've found that the americans will pay thru the nose for the "scent blocking" sh*t and turn their nose at most other stuff.

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-Realtree-Timber-Ca...1QQcmdZViewItem

Good for a laugh:

http://cgi.ebay.com/TEAM-REALTREE-MAXIMUM-...VQQcmdZViewItem

Mate, if you are on a budget there is nothing wrong with good ol' ADF issue Auscams? Cheap and very effective in the Australian bush. You can make you own face mask with some scrim too.

Ridgeline are the cheapest for decent thermals too.

Aussie camo, made for australian conditions, its never let me down.

PS. Siktoy has the same avatar as you on this site.

http://aushunt.com.au/Forum/index.php?showuser=3703

FWIW I've bought a couple of consignments from Cabelas, and I think they're great. The gear has been good quality (you can check out feedback reports on it on the site) and it has also been good value. I always go for the surface mail option for 20%, as it comes in by air anyway and you have it in a week.

You can sign up for email updates and they notify you of sales etc, and this (and the Bargain Cave) offer some great deals.

Hey mate, I highly reccomend Cabelas as I bought a 3D Konifer Rain proof scentlok Suede Jacket from them and got it delivered all for under $150AU! It's a fantastic jacket and goes well over the Stoney Creek bushman shirt. The sizing chart is very accurate also, follow those measurments and ya cant go wrong. :D

G'day

I recomend the camo gear by 'Blackfoot designs'

I use the Blaze orange top and standard AUScam Pants etc and they never fail out west.

Cheers

Jono

G'day Waldo, i'm gonna go with Jono on the Blackfoot designs tip. Haven't got any myself (yet), but my mate has a pair of their pants and jacket, and it works a treat at breaking up your body shape, though might be a bit more expensive than the price range you are looking at. Worth a look though.

Cheers, have a good one.

Hi Guy's, ended up picking up the ridegline sambar shirt (which I believe may be a discontinued model) which will be great for warmer weather and will put a polypro thermal under for cooler weather and ridgeline sniper pants which are a bit stiff to start with but are fairly resistant to blackberries. Just need a blaze orange cap to complete the kit.

Cheers

Waldo

I bought stuff from Cabelas. You can only pay for surface 20%. It was all sent by air and recieved in one week!!! Recommend it!!! Although I did find their site mezmorising as they have too much stuff. I am also sussing out the Ridgeline Camo Pack out now. Another thing you can do is search for other American online hunting stores. I recently bought a Eberlestock Pack from an online hunting store in the US and it was $60 cheaper than Ebay or any other store. They were also very relaxed about shipping rates. As your generally dealing with the store owner you get quicker email responses and can negotiate!!!!

Sorry to the local stores but our dollar is great up against the American so everything I buy now is mostly from America.