Lightforce Handheld 240 ?

Jordie

g'day

im looking at buying a lightforce 240 blitz cigarette plug handheld spotty but b4 i buy it im jus tryin 2 find out if they r worth the price, reliable and more important how bright r they? or would i be better jus gettin a cheaper style handheld? if any1 has had 1 can u plz jus tell me wat u reckon

cheers jordie

g'day

im looking at buying a lightforce 240 blitz cigarette plug handheld spotty but b4 i buy it im jus tryin 2 find out if they r worth the price, reliable and more important how bright r they? or would i be better jus gettin a cheaper style handheld? if any1 has had 1 can u plz jus tell me wat u reckon

cheers jordie

Hi Jordie .

I believe you wont go wrong with the Light force I have had one for years and it is a great light . You may want to change the cig plug to battery clips as i find that gives you a stronger light.

Cheers BB

You wont go wrong with a lightforce but dont expect to run a 100w bulb through you lighter for 2 long as I managed to melt mine after a big night spotlighting and Im not the first, the 35w bulbs are perfect but I use that for my handheld and not what you are after from the car.

If its lighting from a car all night I think the battery terminals are better when running the big lights.

I have a lightforce 170SL with 100w globe that runs from the battery.

Its a very bright and a good clear beam.

I bought it too many years ago to know prices though.

The only thing to think about with the 240 is that they get very heavy holding on to then all night

and they run the same 100w globe as the 170 so the beam has the same strength really

Hey i have a Lightforce 240 and love it. however like others i recommend changing the cig plug to battery clips because in my car if u went over a big enough bump the light would trip out and blow a fuse in the car. i went through about 5 fuses before i caught on... oh well.

Edited by Red .243

I have a lightforce 170SL with 100w globe that runs from the battery.

Its a very bright and a good clear beam.

I bought it too many years ago to know prices though.

The only thing to think about with the 240 is that they get very heavy holding on to then all night

and they run the same 100w globe as the 170 so the beam has the same strength really

Heavy???. the same 100watt globe and output but different strength - the reflector size, which is the key.

The old man and I have heaps in all three sizes, handhelds and roof mounts. Cant go wrong with them.

Forgot to add Jordie, Light Force IMO are worth the bucks forked out, they are reliable and it's very easy to change a globe or adjust the beam - and they are extremely bright.

Edited by tikka3

The Lightforce SL240 light is a great light, you can't go wrong with one. Light and really well made, with all the performance of heavier lights but without the weight. We have three, two of which are mounted on a single bar for on the cruiser, so the driver and the passenger shooter has one too.

The suggestions from others re the ciggy plug melting, that happened to me as well, as did the fuse continually blowing in a Rodeo we had.

The answer was to buy the one that comes with the battery clamps already attached, then you don't have to do any work on it, buy more stuff and muck about. The one with the clamps instead of the ciggy plug seems to be stocked everywhere too, at Cleavers and Gun Exchange. About $140 to $150.

g'day

cheers jordie

The newer models appears to be 100% better then the older models, i just bought one recently, it is BRIGHT. You can also adjust the size of the beam too. As far as reliability goes, i dont no anybody that has had any probs with them. So far mine appears to be worth the money.

post-2217-1215414780_thumb.jpg

I have had an SL 240 Blitz for about eight years. It has worked faultlessly since the day I bought it. Don't even think about ciggie plugs these lights pull some power!! The other bonus of Lightforce is the massive array of accessories filters swivel mounts etc you can get.

Get out there.

The idea of the big Ando plugs on the dash is a beauty, mine is being installed in the shed this weekend!!

Stalker

just bought the SL240 blitz hand held (ciggy plug) this arvo just went out the back, in the ute...

OMG this is a best spot/flood light JUST BUY IT!!!!

best $150 bucks iv eva spent!

10/10 = SL240 blitz.

im set.

Edited by eggman

lightforce are good but...

i have seen the plastic handle break

the lenses get scratched badly, that then affects light output as its not clear anymore... and to buy a new reflector housing(because you cant get the lense seperately) costs nearly as much as buying a new light, so your better off buying another one

the poms complain about them not being good in the wiring department, they do a lot of walking with them, i havent had that problem but i do more spotlighting from the ute type of thing rather then walking k's and k's

the cig lighter ones are a waste of time IMO better to get the ally clips

I have 4 of em, 1 x 170, 1 x 170 scope moutned and 2 x 240s, i'll probably be up for antoher 240 in the near future as this lense is once again not that flash

buying a clear plastic cover is good, protects the lense and only costs about $30... but the light reflects back onto you, eg glare... so you need to paint the sides of the lense covers black or tape it with something that stops the light glare

plastic handle breaking...? dont drop it.

poms will complain about any thing!

the clear plastic covers are good, as for the glare paint around the outer ring (black) that will fix it :)

do a search...

lightforce sl240blitz is bloody good... worth every $$$

edit: heres a fix for that glare 'problem'

click here for glare fix.

or

http://aushunt.com.au/Forum/index.php?showtopic=6677

Edited by eggman

I have a 240 and a power beam and a 170 and the 240 is better than the power beam

I use the clear lense as a protective cover and a red lense for shy game and both work very well