Sports Action Cam

optic

Has any one either got one or used one of these cams.

Its the round body type. About 30mm in dia. I want something i can strap to the shotgun barrel.

Im not interested in the head mounted type, i think they are to bulky.

http://www.sportscamera.com.au/index.php/camera-by-sports/paintballing/replay-xd1080.html is what your thinking about just did quick looksee.

i went with go pro, only as it was heavily marketed, with headmount it's a little bulky at times, but not overly heavy even in enclosed housing only issue is changing batteries and the strap can at times get tight on head

Yep I'm with the gopro, about $800 tho, that's. Getting other mounts and batteries sd card, etc

Mines mounted with the bull bar mount to scope. Most places will sell accessories for gopro, other cameras will be hit and miss.

Other good point to look at, what are other people around you using. Ie if battery's flat, use some ones charger

I have a Contour+2.

I have to say that their software isn't great, but the camera is pretty nice.
The Contour mounts range includes a picatinny/weaver rail mount for easy mounting to supported firearms (like Glocks, AR15's with rails etc). I believe you can get picatinny barrel mounts for shotguns, which would be the most secure system.

I tried using a LED Lenser torch mount to hold my Contour to my 12g, with very limited success. The only other mounts I have would obscure my view of the bead sights.