What hunting day pack should I get?

G’day brains trust,

Just after a good size day pack for walking the hills and packing out meat occasionally. I don’t really have a budget just want to buy something with decent quality in the 35L-40L range. Currently looking at the spika drover 40L (with a frame) and hunters element 35L pack (no frame) anyone had any experience with either? 

Also will eventually go to a multi day kirafu or kuiu pack down the track so this will mainly be just for a day trip or so. Thanks in advance

G’day brains trust,
Just after a good size day pack for walking the hills and packing out meat occasionally. I don’t really have a budget just want to buy something with decent quality in the 35L-40L range. Currently looking at the spika drover 40L (with a frame) and hunters element 35L pack (no frame) anyone had any experience with either? 
Also will eventually go to a multi day kirafu or kuiu pack down the track so this will mainly be just for a day trip or so. Thanks in advance
Look at the badlands packs as well, zips are awesome and they are comfy as.I have had 2 goats in my 35L pack with ease.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

If your going to later buy a kuiu multi day pack you could buy a Kuiu day pack as well, the frames will swap between both. They have 25% off sales every now and then on there packs might be worth waiting for them to be on sale I brought a new multi day pack about 4 months ago when they had a sale. 

1E42ECA9-FB2E-463A-8AB3-5018364F48A9.png.8d1218d207c9693356ae9eaa1a04fec1.pngE0450AAB-EAC5-4976-A6CC-7C8D65A1D72D.jpeg.aaa22aa2ffec4c7e37ee5993088713ba.jpeg

that was the price for the bag section the frame is another price. I haven’t been able to take it out properly cos of this lockdown but have loaded it up and walked around the mountains around home. I really like the pack. 

• Like 1

If you can, go and try a few on and get the shop dude to adjust them properly for your shoulder to hip length.  Then put some weight into them.

I've bought a few "good brands" only to find that they are well made but don't fit me very well.  I'm only 6'1" but I think my leg to body ratio is a bit out :) so packs always seem a bit short for me.  Or maybe its that I don't know how to set them up properly.  Either way, if I buy another one, I'll be following my own advice from above.

• Like 1