Howzit going. 

Luke here, From Mackay QLD, 

not new to shooting but new to hunting. Looking for any advice on hunting pests, how to track and what is the best conditions to hunt pigs. 

any information is great. 

Hello all

Thomas here from Brisbane, QLD, I'm 30, never owned a Gun until now and I only shoot targets at the moment, have a 22LR and am about to buy a .223REM, I want to do Hunting but never have; I've joined AUSHUNT to start learning about it all and hopefully develop some connections to people and places that will allow me to start the Adventure that I've heard hunting is

Thomas

Gday Ozziegirl, Your close to where I hunt a fair bit. 

The cold up there amazes me compared to Brisbane winter temps

Hello All,

Dan here, Glad to finally find a place of like minded people 

Been shooting a few year now and own 

enough calibers to surface 

and keen to do more trips in the near future 

ferals are the main target and lion forward to harvest my first dear next year 

lucky enough to have a wifey that shares the live of the hunt  to so we do it all together 

Cheers legends 

Gday from the Gold Coast, shooting about 5 years, only fairly new to hunting. Rifle mostly, but I’ve had a go with the bow too. Looking to learn a few things, hopefully find some decent spots in south east qld, and maybe pick up some used reloading gear and tips

Edited by JBL

G'day guys and girls!

Ado here from the Cairns area,

Haven't been hunting for a while, used dogs for chasing pigs until about 4years ago, looking to get a bit more stealthy and try out bow hunting, there are a growing population of deer in the bush lands surrounding my property.

Came across this website looking for handmade knives, and second hand bows if possible but more importantly the info from experienced hunters.

Thanks and maybe get to chat soon.

Hallo

Tau here from South Africa/ Namibia. I will be moving to Tully area in the next month. I studied Nature Conservation and Game farm management and love hunting and fishing. I had to sell most of my guns in South Africa and the other I will be storing for when I come back to visit, so I am feeling a little fragile after having to sell my rifles I have used so much. 

I am an avid reloader and love shooting steel at Long range. I have no quibble with how others hunt, but I love open sight hunting in the mountains as it is a great challenge for me.

So I have to

1. Find new hunting buddy's

2. get myself registered and ready to own firearms in Australia

3. Import the rifles I would want to keep from South africa. 

So if if anybody from Cairns down to Cardwell know of a range or shooting clubs/ groups please let me know. Would love to get some hunting in, however I get I first ned to meet the right people.

My favourite hunting is Kudu in the mountains I have hunted most of South africa and Namibia. Unfortunately my budget has never allowed a African Buffalo hunt. 

Cheers

Tau