G'day from - SA

Hi Nathan, I sent you PM the other day. let me know if you got it

cheers Greg

g'day im 19 and just got posted to ne adelide by the army, looking to meet a few blokes you dont mind coming out for a hunt i have a few properties on the border that i go to reguraly 3 ou of 4 weeks, i dont like shooting that much but dont mind mucking around every now and then gotta magnum .22 a .270 and under and over 12 gaugae, iv hunted rats to samber and everything in between from from the south east of vic to the tip of the cape, my passion is my dogs and they can find catch and kill anything i want (100% stock proof) if anyone feels like going for a hunt let me know shareing is caring so it would have to be a two way thing but other wise no issues

cheers nathan

Welcome to the AusHunt website all new members.

AusHunt promotes safe, ethical and humane hunting practice in Australia which is reflected in our positive discussions and attitudes we have on this board. There are many experienced members and industry reps who are only too happy to answer your questions.

Just tell us a little about yourself by replying here to gain immediate full access.

Happy Hunting,

AusHunt Admin.

hi my name is Darryn i am 44 and have been using a shotgun since 9 years old, i was born in Natimuk, family originates from Tooan western side of mt arapiles, were there is a road named after our family worthy's rd, were my grandfather lived till he died. i am in Adelaide now on disability pension which restricts my hunting, i hunt ducks mainly now, i do vic and s.a seasons i use under and over mostly cant walk far so gotta use a boat even if shallow, just made a small 7ft by 4.5ft wide punt with 55 thrust electric outboard to get me around, but do have a 22.250 with a 308 barrel i screw in when i need to use bigger cal. a 20 gauge single had a 30.06 but sold it not used enough. since i got sick. last year used the money from 30.06 to buy a steoger lux u/o for ducks, its fantastic gun with steel shot.

hi my name is Darryn i am 44 and have been using a shotgun since 9 years old, i was born in Natimuk, family originates from Tooan western side of mt arapiles, were there is a road named after our family worthy's rd, were my grandfather lived till he died. i am in Adelaide now on disability pension which restricts my hunting, i hunt ducks mainly now, i do vic and s.a seasons i use under and over mostly cant walk far so gotta use a boat even if shallow, just made a small 7ft by 4.5ft wide punt with 55 thrust electric outboard to get me around, but do have a 22.250 with a 308 barrel i screw in when i need to use bigger cal. a 20 gauge single had a 30.06 but sold it not used enough. since i got sick. last year used the money from 30.06 to buy a steoger lux u/o for ducks, its fantastic gun with steel shot.

hi my name is troy, i'm 31 i've been shooting/hunting off and on for most of my life. Mainly hunt rabbits, hairs and foxes, but occasionally goat and fallow deer. Always looking for more places to go hunting.
Edited by troy01

g'day from roger in mount pleasant.i have not fired a round for a long time but i am thinking of getting back in to a bit of hunting.i like hunting in isolated bush on foot but places are hard to find these days. at the moment i probably could not hit any thing but i hope it will come back to me.

Hi, my names rob, and my partners ileigha. We live in port lincoln and are currently applying for our

firearms licence. Were looking at purchasing a pair of sako quads for our first rifles. Obviously we

have had no experience with hunting or shooting and are excited to join others in the business.

Hello everyone, my name is Ian and I'm from the southern suburbs of Adelaide. Just got my gun license and hoping to learn a lot more info about where and what to hunt in SA, I have only been shooting in Shepparton Victoria with mates and am interested to hear any advice on the SA hunting scene.

Thanks

G'day all. Just moved over to this vast country from the green hills of NZ where I pursued most critters which lived within the North Island – Fallow, Sika, Reds, Goats - finding most success with Red deer in the Te Urewera National Park – bush stalking mostly. I have been hunting seriously now for 6 or so years throughout my time at Uni – now 23. I have shot rabbits and possum both with and without spot lights and done a fair bit of goat culling on open farm land and in the bush. Weapons of choice range from semi-auto .22 and 12g shot guns through to bolt action .17hmr and .303, 7mm08, and .308 with my main rifle being a Ruger 7mm08 S/S.

Look forward to the new game species Australia presents, particularly fox and the challenges of the Aussie bush. I am in the process of getting my fire arms licence over here then looking to build / purchase a rifle scope combination with minimum weight and accuracy to 400 yards – in a calibre that is a little bit different AI etc once the finances become available.

Look forward to learning about hunting in Oz and meeting a good bunch of people with a shared passion.

Cheers Rob

Hi all

Just a quick one to say hi and tell you all a little bit about myself. obviously another South Australian i live in the North i love my hunting mainly hunt goats and bunnies but on the odd occasion i head up north i do try my hand at pigs and buff still yet to snag the later. current calibers that i run .17 HMR, .223REM , 22/250, .270WIN, .308WIN and 45/70GOVT

cheers all

hi all i'm from south east south australia. been shooting mainly down this way for 30 years.shoot foxes ;ducks ; rabbits; and deer. i've been concentrating more on the deer lately mainly for eating, but i have taken a few good stags lately.i have 3 shot guns,.22,.222,.270,7x57,303,. i've had quite a few different guns over the years .my eldest son (14 years) is very keen on shooting , he shot his first fallow deer the other night.