G'day from - SA

G'day my name is Ben and im 16,

I live in the south east of south australia and im a very keen shooter and love hunting. Just like to learn new tips and tricks on the keys to gettin more game and better ways to hunt them more successful. Wat i normally hunt down my way is rabbits, hares, foxes, ducks and plenty of other pest like ferrel cats. If people can help me out with tips and tricks

that would be great.

Edited by scowey02

Welcome to the AusHunt website all new members.

AusHunt promotes safe, ethical and humane hunting practice in Australia which is reflected in our positive discussions and attitudes we have on this board. There are many experienced members and industry reps who are only too happy to answer your questions.

Just tell us a little about yourself by replying here to gain immediate full access.

Happy Hunting,

AusHunt Admin.

Hi I'm 29 form the south east of s.a, love my shooting especially deer.

Hi im ryan, from hillbank in northern suberbs of adelaide, ive just recieved my firearms licence and am currently in the process of obtaining my first .22lr, a savage mk II btvs. looking to get into competion target shooting and hunting of various forms.

gday,

im very new to hunting. used to do a bit as a kid with a .22 on my cousins farm shooting rabbits, im wanting to get some land of my own in the next few years, and would like to do a bit of hunting, and also as a hobby. so i thought i would start to learn what i can.

looking forward to lookin around

cheers

Dreama

Hello fellow hunters! ive been hunting for a few years now got my fair share of rifles! allways out lookn for new places an have a few of my own! mainly chase goats foxs rabbits an even a few deer! looking forward to chating to fellow hunters good luck out there!

Howdy,

I'm from around Adelaide, 20 year old uni student.

Spend a fair bit of time at Carey Gully just shooting targets with my trusty .22, but I've been chasing around the few elusive rabbits on our 10 acre block.

I must look a bit like Elmer Fudd. I've baited, spotlighted, gone out with full camo, pretty much every tactic you could think of and they always seem to place themselves conveniently behind a tree or pull some other trick. I've never even had the chance to get a shot off!

And then, just down the road, I always spot about 5 rabbits who are lazy enough to walk up to. But there are too many houses around to shoot safely. Talk about frustrating... needless to say that my targets get a full workout at the end of every failed adventure.

Cheers, Aimless.

Gday,

First post here, Male 31yrs. currently living in the mallee. I enjoy going for a shoot. mainly rabbits. been browsing for the last few days on the site. seems like a great resource.

Like most on here always looking for a new patch of dirt for a shoot.!

looking to get a new rifle. currently own a sterling stainless .22 rifle and a winchester cooey 410 singl ebarrel shotgun.

looking at buying a Savage 17hmr btvs but will ask about that in a seperate post .

Edited by swiftden

Hi all, im Daniel. I am 25 and fairly new to hunting (have been shooting for a couple years now, just havent been able 2 find any properties in SA) N e way just thought I might be able 2 meet sum more experienced shooters/hunters 2 learn from and hopefully find sum property in SA or real close 2. If any1 knows of any properties PLEASE let me know- $$$ no issue, just REALLY want 2 go hunting. Thanks All- Daniel

Hi all, just joined up as a member. a bit about me... 42 years young, born and bred in the bush, spent 10 years of my first 15 with a rifle in my hand, moved to city, got married.

Due to mortgages, bills, low income and selling my rifles years ago i let my firearms liscence lapse. (big mistake)i have bought property near Cowell on the eyre peninsula (moving soon) and i am now in the process of regaining my firearms liscence and getting back into the sport. I didnt realise how much i missed it until now, i feel excited like a little kid at the prospect of shooting again. hope to get lots of enjoyment and info from this site, I apologise in advance for asking too many questions about this, that and the other....but a lot has changed with guns and especially scopes, optics, etc in the 20+ years since i last used them.

cheers, regards joog (greg)

Hello all, I'm Hung, 23 years old, male and strangely single ahaha Hopefully like everyone else I've joined this society to learn as much as I can while making new friendships along the way. I have a farm (I grow capsicums xD ) down the road where there is the state shooting park only to find out they only allow handgun and shotgun owners to shoot at that range. Spewin how I'm in love with the sleek yet potential of the rifle. I've just bought a 22-250 and learning the dynamics of the right equipment and shooting techniques. So much to learn!!

Hey, moved over from Canada less than 2 years ago in Adelaide now. Moving up to mid north next year and I'd like to get into hunting. I love the outdoors and if I can feed myself while doing it all the better! On the site for some tips and maybe a few trips before I move to the country.

hey there , i live south of adelaide love fishing,camping and shooting and starting to work my patterdale terriers, a pure nuttals bitch 6 months old and a six year old gould bred bitch with a bit of wheelers in there, awesome little dogs,