I Am Buying A Gps.

Jock

Garmin 60csx mate, you cant go wrong. has a heap of features and its only an extra $30 from the 60cx (older model).

And you can download shonky maps for free, it does me fine.

I got mine from these guys, very good to deal with and the best prices i could find anywhere.

prestige.com

I am with Rob the Garmin MAP 60CSx is a great unit I am wrapped with mine and it gets good signal everywhere it even picks up satellites in the factory at work

My mate and I have both have a Magellan explorist XL they have the biggest screen of the handeld units. We both bought the travel pack unit which comes with a map card a suction back holder and cabling to connect it to a computer or to twelve volt power its an excellant unit and you can by a marine card and use it as a chartplotter when your out fishing

http://www.mapsdownunder.com.au/cgi-bin/ma...AGRECEX700.html

Hey

I bought the Garmin Etrex Vista Hcx a while back and am very happy with it, although now I would consider the 60csx. Shorter battery life but better screen than the etrex. The best feature of them all is the expandable memory and the range of maps available. Hope this helps.

Enjoy

Qazfun

Jock i have the basic Garmin Etrex model and it does everything i need it to do. It is basically an insurance policy if i happen to get way laid.

It is brilliant when i go out hunting in the flat country of north western NSW where there is no higher ground to view landmarks.

It is also cheap compared to the more advanced models.

Jock i have the basic Garmin Etrex model and it does everything i need it to do. It is basically an insurance policy if i happen to get way laid.

It is brilliant when i go out hunting in the flat country of north western NSW where there is no higher ground to view landmarks.

It is also cheap compared to the more advanced models.

+1

very basic, but does the job if waylaid and at a reasonably low cost. Have used it in several very hilly NSW SF's and never had a reception problem.

But what you buy will depend on what you want from it usage wise.

Lee

Edited by Lee

I have also been looking at getting a Garmin 60csx.

Does anyone have the topo maps on there's and what are they like.

Is there any free ones you can get or do you have to buy the topo's online.

Sounds great jock, am sure you'll be happy with that one!

I just purchased a Garmin Etrex Legend new and it cost me $105 on eBay. Will see how it goes when it arrives but it should work well for my hunting/off road needs and it was within my budget!

I also noted how to get free mapping software - 'shonky maps' and 'tracks 4 Australia' are both highly recommended but still require mapsource to upload it to the Garmin.