G'day All I Need Advice On A Good Hunting Flashlight

GUTTY

I found this site today and i am just wondering witch one would be best for what i want to do... Go pigging and just to be running though the bush with the light and to be able to see about 50m and to mount on the side of my 22 for night rabbit shooting witch one would be the best for what i want to do? If i can i need to get it from QLD gun exchange. <_<

http://www.legear.com.au/-s/733.htm?Click=15086

I have a EDI-T P4-250. It is awesome. It has a CREE Q5 LED of 250 lumens and runs on 3 AAA batteries.

I have just ordered a scope mount for it from them too.

The torch is $79 and the mount is $15.

Bill get a LED lensor u wont be disappointed with it had it out on the weekend and it was awesome. Try the P7 its the one down from mine. Perfect size to mount on a rifle.

Yes jarrad i think i will be getting the led lenser because i seen they have the at QGE and i have still got that gift voucher thingo so yer do you know how much they are and how far will they shine?

Has anyone has an experience with these light's on putting them on you rifle for night hunting and how did they go? where you happy with them?.. Led Lenser P7 220lumes

I have a Kizlyer P4-250. It is awesome. It has a CREE Q5 LED of 250 lumens and runs on 3 AAA batteries.

i recently bought a fenix tk12 and barrel mounted it, used it on the weekend.. has the same q5 as epitome's but runs on 2x cr123a or 1x 18650... any torch with similar specs would be perfect

I found this site today and i am just wondering witch one would be best for what i want to do... Go pigging and just to be running though the bush with the light and to be able to see about 50m and to mount on the side of my 22 for night rabbit shooting witch one would be the best for what i want to do? If i can i need to get it from QLD gun exchange. <_<

Gutty ebay is the go i got a 900 lume led with recharbale batteries, a lazer, scope, and an adptor from 11 mm to 20 mm all from china, free post took about 15 days but all arrived safe and well and it was cheaper than any of the others, check out ebay 900 lume torch and im sure they are even more powerfull now. On the scope and all up on the rifle for bunnies 22 and the scope is illuminated. hope this helps.

Forgot to mention the scope accepts all the extras they mount on the sides and top of the scope and its all ally

I have just installed a OLIGHT M20 PREMIUM. Its mounted to thebarrell of my .22 at the moments but I am getting another mount so I can move it between my .22 and the .223.

I have also bought the remote switch lead and a red filter (but this is no good as it cuts too much light out).

DSC_2919_low.jpg

DSC_2922_low.jpg

Edited by blusokx

Yes jarrad i think i will be getting the led lenser because i seen they have the at QGE and i have still got that gift voucher thingo so yer do you know how much they are and how far will they shine?

Has anyone has an experience with these light's on putting them on you rifle for night hunting and how did they go? where you happy with them?.. Led Lenser P7 220lumes

Mine light shines a couple of hundred meters on high power and works brilliantly on the rifle. As I have it mounted to the barrel it is perfectly aligned with my scope. My particular light has the orange peel reflector in it which provides very good wide spread beam and no hot spots.

I have just installed a OLIGHT M20 PREMIUM. Its mounted to thebarrell of my .22 at the moments but I am getting another mount so I can move it between my .22 and the .223.

I have also bought the remote switch lead and a red filter (but this is no good as it cuts too much light out).

Nice setup,

Is there rubber between the mount and the barrell?

I asked because it appears to be a metal clamp that goes over the barrell, and I wouldn't want to scratch mine.

+1

Even a few layers of electrical tape would be better than nothing.

I was given a P7 recently and it is by far the best torch I have ever owned, haven't used it mounted on a rifle yet so can't comment on that, but I used it spotlighting off the back of the ute the other night and was clearer and brighter than one of those large rechargable spotties.

Bullzye

Check this site out

http://www.accurateshooters.com.au

I have one of the P3-250's and it is great. Under $100 comes with 2 mounts and I have been out shooting bunnies from about 100m out.

Lasts for ages and ahad a great write up

After reading this review I purchased one and havnt been out with the Lightforce Scope mount for ages.

Worth the read!! and worth every penny.

http://www.australianhunting.net/AHN_Journ...he%20Lumens.htm